News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Has anyone played an RTS called Men of War?  Gamersgate has it on sale for $11.99 right now. 

Also, is Crusader Kings Deus Vult worth bothering with?

Grey Fox

MBM, apprently it's one of the best RTS there is. It's micromanagement hell tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2009, 02:30:52 PM
Played a game of Great War at Sea: Mediterraneanwith the wife earlier. I blew up one British battlecruiser with the Goeben before the RN gangraped it and the Breslau. Damn bitch.

I hate you, and everything about you.

Winkelried

Fall from Heaven 2 mod for civ4. I think I'll try the Orbis modmod that brings back corporations (as guilds) and other stuff from 3.19.

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 04, 2009, 09:12:53 PM
Also, is Crusader Kings Deus Vult worth bothering with?

If you like the original game I think it is, doesn't change the base game much just adds some things, like a ledger with a bridefinder.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 04, 2009, 09:12:53 PM
Has anyone played an RTS called Men of War?  Gamersgate has it on sale for $11.99 right now. 

There is a demo for it.  I only played it about 10 minutes, I have too many other rts games already and it didn't seem to stand out.

Cerr

I'm playing Half-Life: Opposing Force at the moment. I'm having fun with it so far.
I never bought it but when I entered my old Half Life CD key in steam it gave me Opposing Force and Blue Shift for free, which was nice.

Scipio

Majesty Gold.  5 bucks on Impulse.

Still fun as hell.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

Played a game of Great War at Sea: Mediterraneanwith the wife earlier. I blew up one British battlecruiser with the Goeben before the RN gangraped it and the Breslau. Damn bitch.
That'll happen.  The key to surviving with Goeben and Breslau is not to get caught.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on July 07, 2009, 07:06:05 AM
That'll happen.  The key to surviving with Goeben and Breslau is not to get caught.

I plotted...poorly. I zigged when I should have zagged.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

Crusader Kings Deus Vult as the County of Suenik, with a fucking long-ass Armenian last name for the Dynasty.  Set up a pretty big Armenian kingdom by 1120, mostly as the Seljuks and Byzantines are so busy killing themselves in around Nikea and Doraelyum that they don't mind that I picked up Azerbaijan, Edessa, Armenia, Trebizond, Aleppo, Armenikon and Cilicia ,though now that I've cut the Seljuks in half they seem to be having some trouble.

During my conquests I set up the Pahlavunis as the Dukes of Azerbaijan, Khakik Pahlavuni proved such an effective Duke in my conquest of Gilan and Northern Syria from the latest war with the Seljuks that I gave him Tabriz, Gilan, Daylam and Oromieh.  Love that the he's basically taking back the family farm, almost a thousand years after it was taken away by the Sassanids.  Started playing as Khakik, and had my first culturally Armenian son, Rostam.  Too good to be true?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

HisMajestyBOB

Mount and Blade: Eagle and Wolves mod, set in some Arthurian Britain.
Gonna buy GalCiv II as soon as I get Paypal set up - it's the only way they'll take international orders, unfortunately.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 08, 2009, 12:16:07 AM
Gonna buy GalCiv II as soon as I get Paypal set up - it's the only way they'll take international orders, unfortunately.

If you can get HotSpotShield running you might be able trick Impulse into thinking your in the US.

Ed Anger

I should have listened to Vinnie about Sins of the Solar Empire.

Bleh. Biggest waste of 4 dollars ever.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

We've been playing some versus L4D in the Spanish P'dox forum. Great fun. :)