News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

You sound like my youngest sister. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

:lol: how old is she?

And on thread topic
Star Trek Online and OOTP 14
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

fhdz

Just bought Don't Starve. Fucking love it. Beautiful art, great gameplay, no hand-holding.

The furthest I've made it so far is Day 4. I was brutally cut down by a beefalo while hallucinating from the spider meat I ate.

I also bought Sang-Froid. I like it a great deal too, although I've only just gone through the first tutorial.
and the horse you rode in on

Syt

Started on Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Pretty hillarious. The game is framed by the main character, a bounty hunter, telling his tales of glory in a saloon over drinks. So the shooty bits have the narrator and his audience doing voice over which is pretty funny. E.g. in the first mission, the starry eyed young boy who read about you in dime novels recounts that you shot Pat Garrett in a fair duel (which you play through), to which your character says, "No, that's not what happened", so the game rewinds and you are, in fact, knocked out and arrested by Pat Garrett.

RPS review says that this happens a few times throughout the story, when your main character mis-remembers stuff, or your audience doubt your claims. It's also a pretty interesting way of getting away with how you shoot hundreds of baddies in the game. :D

RPS explains it better than I do:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/20/wot-i-think-call-of-juarez-gunslinger/

The game costs 15 on Steam. It's from Ubisoft but does NOT require their Uplay thingie.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Quote from: fahdiz on May 22, 2013, 09:55:27 PM
Just bought Don't Starve. Fucking love it. Beautiful art, great gameplay, no hand-holding.

The furthest I've made it so far is Day 4. I was brutally cut down by a beefalo while hallucinating from the spider meat I ate.

Glad ya like and that it works.  Figured it would, what with the low requirements and all.

I've made it a little over a week in a couple of plays, but I keep dying to hostiles.  I think I finally have combat figured out now (and boomerangs are awesome).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

fhdz

Quote from: Habbaku on May 23, 2013, 12:10:16 AM

Glad ya like and that it works.  Figured it would, what with the low requirements and all.

I've made it a little over a week in a couple of plays, but I keep dying to hostiles.  I think I finally have combat figured out now (and boomerangs are awesome).

I hit things with axes and die frequently. :Embarrass:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Quote from: fahdiz on May 23, 2013, 12:35:20 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 23, 2013, 12:10:16 AM

I hit things with axes and die frequently. :Embarrass:

Build a log suit ASAP.  That and a spear makes even the deadliest of frogs go down.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

With Willow, I'm up to day 20 now. I've got pretty good setup going, farms, meat racks, crock pot & a fire pit. Also got 10 Berry Bush nearby & a newly planted forest. My camp was close to a beefalo joint but a Hod forsaken Tree guard killed them all. Atleast I got lots of food out of that. I want to build an Icebox but I cant find gears.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Octavian

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2013, 12:01:52 AM
Started on Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Pretty hillarious. The game is framed by the main character, a bounty hunter, telling his tales of glory in a saloon over drinks. So the shooty bits have the narrator and his audience doing voice over which is pretty funny. E.g. in the first mission, the starry eyed young boy who read about you in dime novels recounts that you shot Pat Garrett in a fair duel (which you play through), to which your character says, "No, that's not what happened", so the game rewinds and you are, in fact, knocked out and arrested by Pat Garrett.

RPS review says that this happens a few times throughout the story, when your main character mis-remembers stuff, or your audience doubt your claims. It's also a pretty interesting way of getting away with how you shoot hundreds of baddies in the game. :D

RPS explains it better than I do:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/20/wot-i-think-call-of-juarez-gunslinger/

The game costs 15 on Steam. It's from Ubisoft but does NOT require their Uplay thingie.

Loved the Pat Garrett bit. I also like the nuggets of truth collectibles.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Octavian

Bought Rise of Flight: Iron Cross edition. Good game.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

fhdz

Quote from: Habbaku on May 23, 2013, 01:20:33 AM
Build a log suit ASAP.  That and a spear makes even the deadliest of frogs go down.

I *found* a log suit in one game, near a skeleton.

My trouble with the science machine is that I don't know how to get gold.

Habbaku

Part of the fun of Don't Starve is exploring, so I won't spoil that much.  But!  Construct a mining pick and you'll find some gold eventually...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

fhdz

Quote from: Habbaku on May 23, 2013, 11:36:53 AM
Part of the fun of Don't Starve is exploring, so I won't spoil that much.  But!  Construct a mining pick and you'll find some gold eventually...

Yeah, I've gotten the pick and mined several boulders. No gold yet. I'll keep looking.

Grey Fox

Not all boulders are the same.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.