News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Defiance Beta.  Sci-Fi Action MMO from the makers of Rift integrated with SyFy show.  Pretty promising, if a little simplistic so far.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2013, 07:10:19 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on March 08, 2013, 08:11:05 PM
Quote from: Maladict on March 08, 2013, 04:00:48 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on March 08, 2013, 03:51:04 PM
Got it on Steam for 5e a while ago, it's 10 atm.

I don't like Steam, and it's a 10 year old game: IT BELONGS ON A CD!!

Wow, Captain Ludd - at least your telegraph is still working so you could type out this message for us! :P

Look who's talking, Air Marshal Bargain Bin.  NHL 93 FOR 93 CENTS? WOOT

Well, I think I've found my new custom title :D
and the horse you rode in on

Tamas

Syt

Actually, I do miss rummaging through the bargain bins of computer games sections of electronic stores in the 90s. "People's General for 5 German Marks? I'll take it!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2013, 12:04:09 AM
Actually, I do miss rummaging through the bargain bins of computer games sections of electronic stores in the 90s. "People's General for 5 German Marks? I'll take it!"

They're still there, but it's not the same anymore. The only thing you'll find are Teh Sims expansions and casual games. :bleeding:
It's not worth it.

fhdz

:thumbsup:

The modern equivalent is poking around on gog.com.
and the horse you rode in on

Syt

Yeah, but it's not the same sense of satisfaction.

Though my favorite find remains a near mint copy of Starflight for IBM DOS PC I picked up for like 3 bucks at a thrift shop in North Carolina.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: Scipio on March 23, 2013, 09:17:40 AM
Defiance Beta.  Sci-Fi Action MMO from the makers of Rift integrated with SyFy show.  Pretty promising, if a little simplistic so far.

I'm kinda watch that one too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on March 24, 2013, 12:56:16 PM

They're still there, but it's not the same anymore. The only thing you'll find are Teh Sims expansions and casual games. :bleeding:
It's not worth it.

Not the same but one can still have some nice surprises. Fire Embler or Panzer Tactics DS for 5 euros each is good.
Back then, I had to buy People's General for 100 FF (15 euros).
Of course, the flea market can be even better. A rare PS1 game sellling for 100-120 euros on the interwebs, might be bought for 3 euros.

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on August 21, 2012, 02:36:15 AM
Im now playing CK2 and Civ 5 while waiting for GW 2 to arrive.

Still playing the same three games, in varying proportions. :P

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2013, 02:16:38 PM

Though my favorite find remains a near mint copy of Starflight for IBM DOS PC I picked up for like 3 bucks at a thrift shop in North Carolina.
Loved that game. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Been playing Anno 2070 for the last week or so. It's pretty addictive.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Started up Deus Ex: HR again.  Got into this time.  I started out not wanting to kill people, but once I got the heavily armed mercs I had no problem killing.  Fortunately the cover based combat works fairly well.  I still knocked out a lot of people, and always make it point to knock out "innocents".  One major thing that bothers me.  I know the plot.  Because of the previous game I know that the crazy conspiracy theories about Illuminati and other such nonsense are true.  In the first game, I was a bit surprised by it.  This time I know it's coming, so I kinda dread it.  I'd actually prefer it to be strait cyberpunk story with augmented gangsters, ruthless megacorps and corrupt governments.  To me, that would be just fine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

The Illuminati are king of tangential to the HR plot. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2013, 02:16:38 PM

You really go far afield looking for bargain bins.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017