News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

According to Steam I've sunken over 20 hours into Bejeweled 3, more than most other titles (except Skyrim, Civ 5)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Im now playing CK2 and Civ 5 while waiting for GW 2 to arrive.

Drakken

Szmik (Fascist Hordes) and I (Glorious Defenders of the Motherland) are in PBEM of War in the East, more aptly named Languish in the East because we take a few days long to send in our turns.

Doesn't bode well for the Soviets. Germans tanks are already knocking on the door of Smolensk and are within a few hexes from the Leningrad peninsula by July 10th, 1941.

szmik

Quote from: Drakken on August 21, 2012, 09:13:15 AM
Szmik (Fascist Hordes)
We have hardly anything to do with Italian cowards  :P  "we are Nazis, we are, we are" and have just 3 white-on-black counters.  :glare:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Drakken

Quote from: szmik on August 22, 2012, 10:09:54 AM
We have hardly anything to do with Italian cowards  :P  "we are Nazis, we are, we are" and have just 3 white-on-black counters.  :glare:

To Soviets you are all fascist scum.  :P

It's how Nazis were called in the song "The Sacred War", anyway :

Let us put a bullet into the brow
Of the rotten fascist vermin
Let us make a strong coffin
For such breed

Syt

Started playing Arkham Asylum (picked up during Steam sale). Damn, this is good fun.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: szmik on August 22, 2012, 10:09:54 AM
"we are Nazis, we are, we are" and have just 3 white-on-black counters.  :glare:

:lol:

FunkMonk

Got into the PlanetSide 2 beta. It's really fun. Still super buggy, and a lot of the features aren't working yet, but it's got the basics down: Killing bozos with my guided missiles while flying upside down underneath a bridge in the middle of a dogfight with a couple dozen aircraft in the skies above a big tank battle makes the time fly by effortlessly.

Also TKs are in.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Goddamn it!  I was playing Empire Total War, and on the brink of victory in the siege of Mysore.  It was a nasty battle where a 4 units of Hussars rode through a breach in the wall to silence the enemy artillery.   They succeeded but also were forced to destroy a bunch of guys with axes, some light horse and 20 elephants!  Then the Tipu sultan laughed and crashed my computer. <_<  I'm playing as France with the Darthmod slugging my way through India which has a real romantic charm to it.  Wave after wave of poorly armed Indians and Mughals throw themselves at my lines getting shot down.  It's like Rorke's Drift with elephants.  After I secure the riches of India I can crush Britain.  I had already driven them out of North America using Indian allies.  When Britain is gone, there is really no one who can stand in my way (except the Dutch who also have good Navy, but I can walk to the Netherlands).  Curiously August the Strong has proven a more able monarch then he was in reality.  Securing deals with Austria and Russia and crushing Prussia.  Spain over ran Portugal but still has it's retard king.  The Austrians have a formidable army and took Istanbul, but I don't think all these powers combined can stand up against the glory of France.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

MOTHERFUCKER!  The Mughals seem to have mastered the art of crashing my PC mid battle as well.  Admittedly it was battle in the same way a nail battles a hammer.  Thousands of guys with blunt sticks charge 7 regiments of crack Swiss guards all while under artillery fire.  I was actually feeling sorry for them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2012, 03:06:09 AM
For Ed Anger:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25329-World-War-One-Gold-is-absolutely-superb

Tamas made a new friend! Together, they both polished that turd until it shined enough to enter it into the village turd festival.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

I am just trying to help you realize a serious mistake. Oh well.

I don't want to clutter up Syt's FTL AAR so I tell you here: that game is highly addictive and awesome, but ANNOYING AS FUCK.

I think I am on the right track, I have a path of civilian sectors ahead of me, I have missiles, fuel, no damage, big crew. Then some fucking small ship comes with some missiles and shit and shoots the everloving crap out of me and I am dead a battle later.

FUUUUUUCKKK