News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

The Dragon Age series.  Again.  Dwarf noble rogue.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grallon

Quote from: Scipio on February 04, 2013, 09:33:48 AM
The Dragon Age series.  Again.  Dwarf noble rogue.

How are the sequels?  I played the original alot but never bought the 2nd one and whatever expension it has.

-----

Meanwhile I have left GW2 and returned to Uncharted Waters Online.  And I fired a game of CKII last night as Poland.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

The DA2 is fun but not as charming as Origins. The stripped away too much of the RP elements and have too much re-used scenery (many quests - particularly those outside the main city - end up using one out of a handful of battle maps).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I ordered FIFA 13. I await its arrival so I can get red carded repeatedly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 04, 2013, 11:14:10 AM

Prepare yourself for physics engine fun.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 04, 2013, 04:07:44 PM

Hopefully, I can fix the games.

Razgovory

Still playing Fallout: New Vegas.  Gone through all the DLCs save one.  Hope to finish the game soon to go on to Grimrock.  Also playing Crusader Kings 2.  I'm getting near the end and it's getting kinda dull.  I rule most of Europe and there is little that can stop me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 04, 2013, 07:55:34 PM

Don't forget to transfer Andy Carroll back to Liverpool and score all the goals.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 04, 2013, 08:35:37 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 04, 2013, 07:55:34 PM

Don't forget to transfer Andy Carroll back to Liverpool and score all the goals.

You know it. My centaur will outdo Messi.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2013, 07:15:11 PM
Quote from: dps on February 01, 2013, 07:04:29 PM
Boardgame-wise, I've got War of Resistance set up and have finished a few tuns.

Which scenario?

The full 37-41 campaign.  I'm up to I Oct 37 so far.

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2013, 11:05:55 AM
The DA2 is fun but not as charming as Origins. The stripped away too much of the RP elements and have too much re-used scenery (many quests - particularly those outside the main city - end up using one out of a handful of battle maps).
DA2 is about characters; Origins is about plot.  DA2 is kind of a throwaway game.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

I thought DA2 was about pushing buttons so awesome things happened?

garbon

Yeah didn't seem very character rich to me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Well my game as Poland is interesting however I'm using CK+ as the main mod and I notice there are *a lot* of female rules/councillors.  It may hve to do with the sub mod called 'no discrimination' or something. - but there are hardly any male rules in Christian Europe after 25 years.  The across the board Cognatic rule seem to be the cause.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2013, 08:03:38 PM
Still playing Fallout: New Vegas.  Gone through all the DLCs save one.  Hope to finish the game soon to go on to Grimrock.  Also playing Crusader Kings 2.  I'm getting near the end and it's getting kinda dull.  I rule most of Europe and there is little that can stop me.
Lonesome Road and Honest Hearts were the only ones I found even remotely playable.  Old World Blues was a shitty Portal knockoff, and Dead Money was just dull, not-Fallout appropriate. 

Playing a lot more Skyrim.  I hadn't been totally fair to this game.  The voice acting is atrocious outside of Plummer and von Sydow, both of whom do a lot less phoning in than Sean Bean or Liam Neeson.  The art direction is fucking incredible, and the natural beauty of the world with the right mods is just totally unlike anything else I've seen.  Dawnguard was actually pretty cool, and looking forward to the new DLC.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."