News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Finished Darksiders last nite. Sad that we'll never get a sequel to that story.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on February 05, 2013, 01:10:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2013, 08:03:38 PM
Still playing Fallout: New Vegas.  Gone through all the DLCs save one.  Hope to finish the game soon to go on to Grimrock.  Also playing Crusader Kings 2.  I'm getting near the end and it's getting kinda dull.  I rule most of Europe and there is little that can stop me.
Lonesome Road and Honest Hearts were the only ones I found even remotely playable.  Old World Blues was a shitty Portal knockoff, and Dead Money was just dull, not-Fallout appropriate. 

Playing a lot more Skyrim.  I hadn't been totally fair to this game.  The voice acting is atrocious outside of Plummer and von Sydow, both of whom do a lot less phoning in than Sean Bean or Liam Neeson.  The art direction is fucking incredible, and the natural beauty of the world with the right mods is just totally unlike anything else I've seen.  Dawnguard was actually pretty cool, and looking forward to the new DLC.

Honest hearts was good.  Old World blues and Dead Money were just boring and neither fit in very well.  I do like the idea that all the DLCs are supposed to be linked.  Honest hearts didn't fit well either but at least it wasn't boring.  Unfortunately, the biggest problem was that all the DLCs had constant CTDs.  I'm on lonesome Road and it reminds me of some of the better parts of Fallout 3, where you walk through the rubble of DC.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I would like to jam my boot up the ass of the menu designer of FIFA 13.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 06, 2013, 08:31:55 PM

Have they fixed their shitty server problems? I stopped playing because I got tired of getting booted 30 seconds into a single player FUT game and getting penalized for it after the tenth time.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

I was able to play two single player games easily. Once I sorta figured thier shitty system out.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 06, 2013, 09:36:56 PM

Have they fixed their shitty server problems? I stopped playing because I got tired of getting booted 30 seconds into a single player FUT game and getting penalized for it after the tenth time.

Do I read this right? You have to be online to play the single player part of the game?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2013, 12:10:27 AM

Do I read this right? You have to be online to play the single player part of the game?

I don't know if you have to, but it was pushing info down and the rosters looked up to date.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2013, 12:10:27 AM

In Fifa Ultimate Team mode yes. Regular single player gameplay I'm not sure.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

In the be a player and be a manager, I don't think it's needed.

I did get tired of being nagged and activated the online pass for the game, even though it'll be a cold day in hell before I play an online game.

Syt

Ah, ok. I recently got the reminder that my XBox Live membership will be renewed soon. Last time I even switched on the console was half a year ago, I think. :lol:

It then took me about half an hour to navigate through MS' websites to find where I can disable it. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Yeah, they don't make it easy. It's not easier here, you have to call them, no online cancelling form.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 08, 2013, 07:48:13 AM
Yeah, they don't make it easy. It's not easier here, you have to call them, no online cancelling form.

They don't really have an online cancellation form here, either (they prod you towards calling them). However, the trick is to remove any payment options you have saved. That triggers the info that your service will be cancelled unless you enter new payment data.

I was using it only for Forza 4 Motorsport updates/downloads, anyways.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

That's nice to know not that I have any plans on ever subbing to Live.

Octavian

Finished Sleeping Dogs last night.

Good game!

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Queequeg

Has anyone played Dead Space?  Looking for something space horror/actiony.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."