And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Have had a couple of sessions of Civ5:G+K and loving it.

Otherwise I've gotten in to a bit of a retro habbit, Stronghold Crusader (C-), Cossacks anthology (B+), Populous 2 (B+), Lord of the Realms 2 (C) and had a quick go at Port Royale (potentially an A, but haven't played long enough to decide)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 04, 2013, 05:58:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2012, 07:42:23 PM
Oh dear, this is going to be Serpent mound all over again.

:lol:  Yeah, well it turns out that you can only encounter Killer Croc at a certain point in the storyline (and only then you briefly talk to him and that's it) and I passed that point.  I had to show him on Youtube and he was not impressed.  At least he stopped asking, though.

Great game, though.  I'm totally crap at the fighting part but the stealthy predator stuff makes up for it.

I played it on PC and got into the swing of fighting fairly easily.  I found the fight mechanics to be a lot of fun.  The stealth bits are the best, though.  It's tremendously satisfying to watch as half a dozen cocky thugs slowing panic as you pick them off one by one.  Does seem kinda weird though when you hear snippets of conversation between criminals about how batman once broke their arm or something and then they call you chicken if you don't fight them on the street.  You'd think that after watching you beat the shit out of eight guys at once would a person disinclined to attack you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2013, 07:58:54 PM
I played it on PC and got into the swing of fighting fairly easily.  I found the fight mechanics to be a lot of fun.

I can get by well enough to get through the storyline.  I just can't pull off the insane combos to get more than one medal in the fighting challenges.  I can get to about 25x on the super-easy ones and then it all falls apart. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: derspiess on January 04, 2013, 05:53:44 PM
In my quest to play all of the really bad historical console FPS's, I bought Sniper Elite 2 for the 360 last night-- it had dropped to $20 at Gamestop.  The ad showed an M1 Carbine with a scope, so I'm expecting big things :w00t:

Played it a little over the weekend and I'm a little disappointed-- the game's not horrible.  The kill cam is very cool and if you can ignore an annoyance or two it's actually a decent game.

The plotline or whatever is that you are an OSS sniper operating inside whatever territory Germany has left in 1945 & you're trying to both sabotage whatever V2 capability they have and prevent their scientists and researchers from going over to the Soviets.  I'm still pretty early in the game but I just started a level where you are in Berlin and are actually having to fight through Soviet troops to get at a German target.  While I have zero moral qualms about capping Soviet troops (and the kill cam gives you all the details on how that happens), it just seems a bit odd to be openly fighting the Soviets.  You'd think they'd at least disguise your character as a Kraut.'

Trying to get a buddy of mine to buy the game so we can co-op.  One guy gets to be the sniper and the other the spotter, and apparently the whole campaign is playable that way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

I'm playing Hotline Miami and a bunch of casual stuff on my phone.
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on January 31, 2013, 08:06:35 PM

Hi Fahdiz, long time no see. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Fahdiz moral compass has finally jumped the shark.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: mongers on February 01, 2013, 11:06:31 AM
Quote from: fahdiz on January 31, 2013, 08:06:35 PM

Hi Fahdiz, long time no see. :cheers:

Hey mongers :) :cheers:

fhdz

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 01, 2013, 11:32:22 AM
Fahdiz moral compass has finally jumped the shark.

Oh yes. It spins like a mofo now.

Phillip V

Just checked out this upcoming East vs West post-HoI3 game. Did not realize you can play up thru till 1991. Cool. :)

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/east-vs-west-a-hearts-of-iron-game

dps

Computer-wise, I'm still playing EUIII after all this time.  Boardgame-wise, I've got War of Resistance set up and have finished a few tuns.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on February 01, 2013, 07:04:29 PM
Boardgame-wise, I've got War of Resistance set up and have finished a few tuns.

Which scenario?

Phillip V

Been enjoying The Walking Dead. Minimal learning curve and interaction. I like that.