News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I don't even see why you'd care if I made a "mistake".  Seriously dude, I ain't buying it. EVAR.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2012, 12:07:17 PM
I don't even see why you'd care if I made a "mistake".  Seriously dude, I ain't buying it. EVAR.

I thought you own it.  :huh:

Ed Anger

Why in the hell would I buy it after playing that turd demo?

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2012, 12:08:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2012, 12:07:17 PM

I thought you own it.  :huh:

He owns his disability. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2012, 12:10:03 PM

But did you play the Gold edition's demo? :P

Ed Anger

Tamas

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2012, 12:15:11 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2012, 12:10:03 PM

But did you play the Gold edition's demo? :P

I did.  It was shit.  It was unstable and ran slow.  The only good thing was the WWI era music.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Finally finished up my Empire:total war game.  Used Darthmod, played as France and conquered the whole world.  I started that game in September.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2012, 06:54:38 AM
Finally finished up my Empire:total war game.  Used Darthmod, played as France and conquered the whole world.  I started that game in September.

You know I should give this a go, I bought it a couple of months ago and haven't really touched it. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

saskganesh

Just driving by...

Been running an OSR tabletop D&D game for the last year and a half. 4-6 players every two weeks. Awesome fun. I haven't DM'ed for two decades, so that's part of the appeal.

I like what I have seen of CK2 but am waiting a bit before I surrender my soul, time and mind to another PC game.
humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

Steam winter sale at 75 % off of CKII will break whatever willpower is left.

mongers

Quote from: saskganesh on November 07, 2012, 02:30:49 PM
Just driving by...

Been running an OSR tabletop D&D game for the last year and a half. 4-6 players every two weeks. Awesome fun. I haven't DM'ed for two decades, so that's part of the appeal.

I like what I have seen of CK2 but am waiting a bit before I surrender my soul, time and mind to another PC game.

You're right; the former sounds better than the later.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2012, 02:22:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2012, 06:54:38 AM

You know I should give this a go, I bought it a couple of months ago and haven't really touched it.

The AI is still pretty crap, (though better then in vanilla).  It does have what I love most about war games.  Waves of infantry getting blown up by artillery.  Napoleon: Total war is suppose to have better AI.  Still the most fun I had was fighting in India and the Americas. Thousands of poorly armed, morale poor soldiers attacking disciplined musketmen.  It was glorious.

saskganesh

Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2012, 06:22:17 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on November 07, 2012, 02:30:49 PM
Just driving by...

You're right; the former sounds better than the later.  :)

A friend of mine was trying really hard to join her on playing D&D Online and I asked her if she had played the Real Thing. She had never, so it all started from there. We began a game, and players emerged out of the woodwork. Lots of folks are hungry for this kind of game it seems. Part of it is nostalgia, but there is also the cool tactile experience of rolling dice as well as the social element. :)
humans were created in their own image