News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Gods and Kings has really given Civ 5 some legs, in my opinion. It's the only game I've been played in the last couple of weeks, besides a little bit of Max Payne 3.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

I've been playing Tropico 4 for the 360.  Pretty much identical to Tropico 3, but you can build hot air balloon stations!

Plus the people who give you smaller missions are semi-funny ethnic stereotypes: buck-toothed Chinese guy who speaks Engrish, the Arafat middle eastern dude, Redneck JR-type Texas millionaire, milquetoast Brit, etc.  But I'd have to imagine if you're playing a game that simulates a Latin American dictatorship, you're not overly sensitive toward that kinda thing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Nothing, as usual.   :hmm:

In my defence the only game that's spiked some interest from me is Civ5+expansions, and for that I need to get my finger out and build a new pc first.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Scipio

My wife is playing the shit out of Skyrim.  We've logged the same amount of hours playing, but I'm lvl 16, and she's lvl 5.  She likes to explore and hoard shit.  It's annoying to watch.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

szmik

Quote from: Scipio on July 21, 2012, 10:21:01 AM
.... but I'm lvl 16, and she's lvl 5.  She likes to explore and hoard shit.  It's annoying to watch.

That's why I'm not able to lvl up any char in any MMORPG.   :whistle: That and I need to play each race/class.  :ph34r:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ed Anger

I have got a mad Napoleonic wargame boner but the only real games are the old Talonsoft games(bad AI) or the HPS/John Tiller newer ones (Bad AI and looks like a 4 year old did the graphics).

Bleh. And no, I don't want to play any of you people.

Razgovory

I gave Space Marine a bit of spin as some silly mindless fun.  Turns out, it's not very good so far. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2012, 01:41:59 PM
I gave Space Marine a bit of spin as some silly mindless fun.  Turns out, it's not very good so far.

yeah

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2012, 05:30:40 PM
I have got a mad Napoleonic wargame boner but the only real games are the old Talonsoft games(bad AI) or the HPS/John Tiller newer ones (Bad AI and looks like a 4 year old did the graphics).

http://www.ign.com/games/napoleon-total-war/pc-27042
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

PC only or boardgames too?  You check out the La Bataille series?

Paradox is also working on theirs, but that's going to be a bit.

You might want to give the Matrix release, Crown of Glory, a look.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on July 24, 2012, 04:24:43 PM

PC only or boardgames too?  You check out the La Bataille series?

Paradox is also working on theirs, but that's going to be a bit.

You might want to give the Matrix release, Crown of Glory, a look.

PC. I have  La Bataille de la Moscowa all unpunched.

Crown of Glory is poop.

Ed Anger

I finally got around to Strategic War in Europe on my laptop. Sorta fun plowing through 1939-1940 in 15 minutes and not having to deal with Paradox's bullshit.

AI is quite suspect though.

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on July 24, 2012, 04:05:20 PM

http://www.ign.com/games/napoleon-total-war/pc-27042

How have I missed this game ?  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Napoleon Total War is about as Napoleonic as my turds.