News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Been playing some Silent hunter 4. Man it's annoying when you come accross a task force, spend time lining everything up, and then it turns out they're comin back after a mission and are low on fuel so none those damn juice carriers sink.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Just started Skyrim on PS3. Took me forever to find the Keep, Quest #1. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

fhdz

I am addicted to King of Dragon Pass all over again. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
and the horse you rode in on

BuddhaRhubarb

Finally getting a bit bored with Fallout New Vegas (still haven't done most of the Vegas missions. :meh: ). But unsure what game I'll get back into next, probably GTA: Russian Dude or whatever it's called, maybe Arkham Asylum. I also have some Assassin's Creed: not the newest one, but the one before that... saved, and Uncharted 3 which I found too hard the first time I tried it, though it looked pretty awesome. Maybe I should just try Fallout DLC.
:p

CountDeMoney

Hey BH, ever get into LA Noire?

DontSayBanana

Picked up Star Trek: Bridge Commander a couple of days ago.  Amazing quality for a game that came out a year before Windows XP, and incredibly stable on a Windows 7 machine- there's an occasional black flicker (maybe once or twice every mission), but I've only hit 3 CTDs so far, and that might have more to do with the Kobayashi Maru mod than BC itself.
Experience bij!

Syt

OOTP13 is released today for pre-orders. I played a lot of 11, little of 12 (which had minor improvements over 11), but 13 seems to be quite a step forward with customizable play-offs, league assoications (independent leagues that can be linked for a joint play off - think having a European league associated with MLB and the top teams squaring off for the trophy), new, cleaner interface (no HTML in game for news and reports anymore) and optional real time sim (games are simmed in the background, with news tickers and live scores).

Review:
http://infieldfly.ca/2012/04/05/ootp-offers-addictive-baseball-experience/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Let me know your thoughts a bit more syt and then i might pull the trigger. Can you still start back in historical times and create back history with real players?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2012, 12:28:07 AM
Let me know your thoughts a bit more syt and then i might pull the trigger. Can you still start back in historical times and create back history with real players?

Yep. It's pretty screwy for the 1800s, I guess, because it doesn't accoodate for some of the rule changes during that time (number of balls for a walk, mound distance). They also changed the financial model a bit last year to include some very basic reserve clause rules for the pre-free agency times. There's mods with facegen files for a large number of historical players, too. And I think they introduce a "random debut" feature that places players randomly into the draft pool or something like that (so Ty Cobb, Reggie Jackson and Stephen Strasburg might start in the same season).

I hardly play historical, though. They added an option for "as played" lineups last year, so you might replay a season witht he actual game lineups of that year, but no idea how good/accurate that is vs, say, Diamond Mind (that JR swears by).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Ah gotcha, yeah I use to start in 1903 and start there with random draft each year of real life players so Ty Cobb might end up with Yankees or Christy Mathewson with the Dodgers :x

And then make the adjustments from dead ball era, etc and see how it progressed, the one stumbling block in those old versions was the financial model from what i recall.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Legend of Grimrock. It's a dumbed down Dungeon Master clone but pretty damn fun.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

It looks nice I'm going to have to get it sometime.

Grey Fox

Waves, It was on sale for 5$ last Tuesday, iirc, on Steam. It's a twin shooter.

I can't get past 1.5million points, damn it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Pedrito

Quote from: The Brain on April 14, 2012, 05:14:25 PM
Legend of Grimrock. It's a dumbed down Dungeon Master clone but pretty damn fun.
Looks nice, is the combat real time only? Is there a way to issue commands while paused?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on April 14, 2012, 05:14:25 PM

I've been looking at that.  Don't know if it'll run on my PC though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017