News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Anno 2070, and I like it. The setting does it better for me than the 1404 one.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on November 20, 2011, 10:52:34 AM

Give more info.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2011, 10:53:11 AM

Give more info.

welll, if you played 1404, you know almost everything about this one as well.

Niceties are the two factions, greens and evil capitalists, and they use slightly different resources for their needs. Like, capitalist pigdogs eat hamburgers and drink sake, greens eat health food which reminds me of sushi and drink tea. Plus they dig iphones, I mean Communication Devices.

You don't have arabs as third faction, you have the science dudes for that who specialize in underwatery stuff. You cannot settle underwater but can have alge (sp?) farms and oil wells and that sort of thing.

Being actually nice to nature is kinda hard, my main green-faction island in my green game is well into the reds on that despite my efforts. And that's not too good as that is a minus on agricultural productivity, for which the greens gets bonuses or what.

For NPC factions you have the pirates, greenpeace (well, some eco-terrorist dude), a Russian oil mogul, and the actual factions of the industrial dudes and the greens, since the backstory is, you operate an Ark given to you by the Science faction and you choose sides at the start. In fact the science dudes also have a base in every map.

All in all quite addictive but just with other Anno games, I am not so sure on the replayability after a certain point.

One more thing is that they really try hard to be strong on the interactive multiplayer thing on it. Like, you can vote on some stuff weekly together with the other players, which supposedly can give some in-game bonuses but I haven't read up on how that works exactly. Also there are daily quests published which you can take in an active game of yours.

Ed Anger

I'm gonna give that Unity of Command game a spin as soon as I can jam a few free hours in.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on November 20, 2011, 01:12:05 PM

Give more info.

Niceties are the two factions, greens and evil capitalists, and they use slightly different resources for their needs. Like, capitalist pigdogs eat hamburgers and drink sake, greens eat health food which reminds me of sushi and drink tea. Plus they dig iphones, I mean Communication Devices.

You don't have arabs as third faction, you have the science dudes for that who specialize in underwatery stuff. You cannot settle underwater but can have alge (sp?) farms and oil wells and that sort of thing.

Being actually nice to nature is kinda hard, my main green-faction island in my green game is well into the reds on that despite my efforts. And that's not too good as that is a minus on agricultural productivity, for which the greens gets bonuses or what.

For NPC factions you have the pirates, greenpeace (well, some eco-terrorist dude), a Russian oil mogul, and the actual factions of the industrial dudes and the greens, since the backstory is, you operate an Ark given to you by the Science faction and you choose sides at the start. In fact the science dudes also have a base in every map.

All in all quite addictive but just with other Anno games, I am not so sure on the replayability after a certain point.

One more thing is that they really try hard to be strong on the interactive multiplayer thing on it. Like, you can vote on some stuff weekly together with the other players, which supposedly can give some in-game bonuses but I haven't read up on how that works exactly. Also there are daily quests published which you can take in an active game of yours.

I didn't like 1404, how does it compare to 1701?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2011, 01:55:24 PM
I'm gonna give that Unity of Command game a spin as soon as I can jam a few free hours in.

I hadn't heard of that before but am interested in what you think, let us know please.

Habsburg

How did we like East India Company?

Tamas

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on November 20, 2011, 01:12:05 PM

Give more info.

The other Anno games were fun...
I was wondering on those though what would happen when they ran out of centuries. I was hoping they'd go with the Greeks but alas silly sci fi. But...still....hmm....
██████
██████
██████

Syt

So, we have Anno:

The rule was that the sum of the digits was always 9. So, presuming they won't repeat centuries that have been covered before, they can still do 1800, 1305/1350 (Hansa! :w00t: ), 1206/1260, 1107/1170, 1008/1080 and quite a few numbers in the future.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habsburg

East India Company, Directors Cut, best $13.00 in entertainment I've spent in some time.
v1.12 (downloaded that way from Amazon) I guess they fixed alot of buggy/crashy issues.

Fun for what it is, a moderate level trading game.

I still have not figured out how to merge fleets or split them up.  I have a feeling you can't.  :lol:

fhdz

Mainly playing Dark Souls on the PS3. Also poking a bit at Terraria now that the 1.1 patch is live. Saints Row, Catherine, and Madden '12 are on the wishlist.
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Oh, I was also playing a little of the beta for Gotham City Impostors. That has the potential to be a really fun game.
and the horse you rode in on

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: fahdiz on December 05, 2011, 07:42:27 PM
...and Madden '12 are on the wishlist.
Not worth it really.  They added some nice features in theory, but in practice they reek of paradox plans, aka unfulfilled at release.  Maybe in Madden 13 they'll manage to work out the kinks, but as it stands the game is a major disappointment from my end.  Of course, if you only do online play, the one thing I never engage in, it might be a worthwhile investment.  If you're more of a franchise mode fan with a bit of superstar mode in terms of interest, I think you'll find the game sorely disappointing.  I know I was.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

szmik

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl - I missed on it in the first place. Very nice shooter, especially AI is awesome. If you fight a group, they use cover and try to surround you. I was trapped a couple of times, because of getting used to stupid drones waiting for slaughter. I had to flee quite a few times too when overwhelmed. But I play poorly in FPS games so even beginner is a challenge sometimes here.  :blush:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.