News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Snapped up Shogun 2 for $25 and The Witcher 2 for $30 on Steam, while I still have Red Orchestra 2 on my mind. Oh, and I'll be installing World of Tanks on this new computer. I might go into gaming overload this weekend.

Pray for Mojo.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

szmik

went back to Deus Vult, it's still fun  :)
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Faeelin

The Brain

I got many hours out of Shogun 2 and I'm not a huge Total War fan. And I may play it some more.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Paradox's Rome. Yeah, I'm that bored.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Faeelin on September 24, 2011, 03:11:16 PM
So, is Shogun worth it?

I picked it up last night and started a campaign game intending only to play around with it for maybe 30 minutes before going to bed. I ended up playing for five hours and didn't get to bed till after midnight.  :Embarrass:

The last TW game I liked was Rome, so I wasn't expecting Shogun 2 to be so good.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Drakken

Undertook the masochistic challenge of playing I Wanna Be The Guy.

Only 20 minutes and I wanted to throw my joystick on the screen. FUCKING APPLES DON'T FALL UP!

Yep, it's WAD.  :lol:

sbr

szmik

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2011, 06:10:32 PM
Paradox's Rome. Yeah, I'm that bored.
Try Sengoku, it's much better. :)
With AI cheating blatantly.. or me not recognizing mechanics which allows to recruit new armies out of thin air.
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Drakken

AI doesn't cheat. The player can lift Levies instantly as well.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

szmik

Quote from: Drakken on September 25, 2011, 01:28:30 PM
AI doesn't cheat. The player can lift Levies instantly as well.
not if I have recruits from this province in the army, weird

Drakken

Retinues and Levies are two different things.

Retinues are the Clan Leader's personal army, which can take time to recruit. But each Kori has 750 troops that you can lift, instantly, by raising them in the Military screen. But while they are raised, you cannot raise new ones, but they will get replacements nonetheless.

Drakken

Quote from: The Brain on September 24, 2011, 05:35:36 PM
I got many hours out of Shogun 2 and I'm not a huge Total War fan. And I may play it some more.

The Gempei Wars DLC is coming this Tuesday.  :licklips: