And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on September 13, 2011, 07:25:14 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 11, 2011, 01:14:06 PM
Anyone got any hands on reviews of this game?

http://www.scourgeofwar.com/index.shtml

I've been thinking of picking up that one.  It's by the same guys who did Manassas and second Manassas games.  I avoided those because they aren't really interesting battles.

Ordered it a couple days ago and it arrived today.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on September 16, 2011, 01:11:13 AM

I've been thinking of picking up that one.  It's by the same guys who did Manassas and second Manassas games.  I avoided those because they aren't really interesting battles.

Played around with the demo.  Graphics are hideous (reminds me of late 1990's 3D like Shogun total war and Myth.  Ugly and muddy).  I don't know if it's better then Sid Mieir's Gettysburg though.  That was my favorite (and it got me interested in 19th century warfare).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2011, 01:57:45 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 16, 2011, 01:11:13 AM

Played around with the demo.  Graphics are hideous (reminds me of late 1990's 3D like Shogun total war and Myth.  Ugly and muddy).  I don't know if it's better then Sid Mieir's Gettysburg though.  That was my favorite (and it got me interested in 19th century warfare).
I'll fire it up and post.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on September 14, 2011, 10:17:08 AM
In a sense, having a Mac is liberating when it comes to games - the choice is so small, you do not spend a lot of money or time on them. :P
Appleanity is truly a fascinating religion. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HisMajestyBOB

Been playing a bit of EUIII, just lost a promising Deep Elf Conjurer in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (he'd been way too lucky and had it coming), and finally got back into SHIII and started a Med. campaign. Ah, how I missed "Flugzeug gesichtet! ALARM!" every time I surface during the day. ^_^
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 16, 2011, 11:26:49 AM
Been playing a bit of EUIII, just lost a promising Deep Elf Conjurer in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (he'd been way too lucky and had it coming

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2011, 02:49:22 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 16, 2011, 11:26:49 AM
Been playing a bit of EUIII, just lost a promising Deep Elf Conjurer in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (he'd been way too lucky and had it coming

:huh:

Three different games  :P
EU3
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Silent Hunter III

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Damn it. Blizzard is making wanting to buy Diablo III harder by the day.

There's no pause in the game! No Pause! even in SP mode, idling gets you kick. WTF.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

szmik

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 22, 2011, 10:55:36 AM

There's no pause in the game! No Pause! even in SP mode, idling gets you kick. WTF.
What about respawns?
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Grey Fox

Quote from: szmik on September 22, 2011, 11:24:43 AM

What about respawns?

Gotta run back to your corpse or use the spirit, like WoW.

Nah, it has a series of checkpoints.

Habbaku

If you really want it that badly, just wait until the first price drop so that patches have fixed whatever problems there are.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Now I'm playing EUIII, Majesty 2, and Dungeon of Dredmor.
Fun ^_^

Grey Fox

Quote from: Habbaku on September 22, 2011, 02:55:57 PM

If you really want it that badly, just wait until the first price drop so that patches have fixed whatever problems there are.

I dont want it that much. I have more interest in Torchlight 2 & Grim Dawn then D3.

garbon

I've been doing Dues Ex.  I'm not so good on the stealth bit. Guns blazin', baby!