And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seen

Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2009, 12:30:22 PM
Quote from: Seen on November 30, 2009, 01:35:50 PM
I was wasting 2 days on  'the road to war' mod for civ 4 before I realized I wasted my time because of crap AI.

Yes I lost Danzig to GB and couldnt get it back  :blush:

Sounds like you and the crap AI were a match made in heaven then!
Sure, if you consider UK dumping all its units in a former Polish city and than being sieged ala Calais but with even less hope. Meanwhile France is forcing all its available units on Cologne, captures it at times with me destroying their army the next turn (but I cant get trough maginot line of course).

Yep, fun times.

Razgovory

Hey, I know some people tried Blood Bowl.  Was it any good?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on December 06, 2009, 01:17:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2009, 08:59:25 PM
The Witcher is starting to get on my nerves.  I just got a quest to kill a guy after I cleared him of being involved with the bad guys. 
SPOILER

But you don't have to kill him.

/SPOILER

Yeah, I figured out what I did wrong and started a earlier save.  I'm almost at the end of the game I think.  Which is good because I find Gerald annoying after a while.  That's why I dislike RPGs that don't let you create a character.  I don't want to be some dick that the developers thought was cool.  I want to be my own guy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2009, 08:06:30 PM

Yea it is fun.  There are some MP connectivity problems but a good game besides that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2009, 08:10:27 PM
That's why I dislike RPGs that don't let you create a character.  I don't want to be some dick that the developers thought was cool.  I want to be my own guy.

Not much call for GTA: Raz's Basement.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 07, 2009, 06:12:18 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2009, 08:10:27 PM
That's why I dislike RPGs that don't let you create a character.  I don't want to be some dick that the developers thought was cool.  I want to be my own guy.

Not much call for GTA: Raz's Basement.

I dunno, the SIMs sells pretty well.

Anyway, I finally beat The Witcher.  It only took 68 hours.

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2009, 08:06:30 PM

It's a good game if you like turn-based team sports.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Seen

Quote from: Razgovory on December 07, 2009, 07:49:49 AM
Before you delete the game, you happen to have a save from around the end of the first city quests?

I lost interest around that time but now regret it  :(

Ed Anger

Majesty 2. All the charm of the first game was sucked out of it by the russian developer and paradox. SURPRISE!

But, only spent 7.50 on it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Seen on December 07, 2009, 06:03:48 PM
Before you delete the game, you happen to have a save from around the end of the first city quests?

Yeah, probably.  Why?

Octavian

Been trying to order Crown of Glory Emperors ed. using the discount with no succes.

Meh!

It would probably have sucked anyway!

Playing Empire TW Darth Ultimate Commander mod and the additional units mod as France

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Razgovory

Quote from: Octavian on December 12, 2009, 06:56:28 AM
Been trying to order Crown of Glory Emperors ed. using the discount with no succes.

Meh!

It would probably have sucked anyway!

Playing Empire TW Darth Ultimate Commander mod and the additional units mod as France

I realized I've played over 70 hours of that game.  And never played a campaign.  Just one side fights.  1 unit of Polish line infantry against 12 howitzers or a horde of Russian cossacks in a wooden fort gets wasted with mortars.  Or the classic Elephant charge against American Rifle men with wooden stakes.  I only wish the AI was better.  It's annoying to see them run back and forth in front of my firing line or all bunch up together and shoot each other.

Seen

Quote from: Razgovory on December 07, 2009, 11:36:41 PM

Yeah, probably.  Why?
So I dont have to play through the start/most of the city quests again  :)

Razgovory

Quote from: Seen on December 12, 2009, 09:42:15 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 07, 2009, 11:36:41 PM

Yeah, probably.  Why?
So I dont have to play through the start/most of the city quests again  :)

Well Okay.  I'll see if I can find the save games but I doubt it.  I can never find save games on Steam.  I have Vista so I have no idea where they go.

HisMajestyBOB

Playing Dorf Fortress. I'm gonna try to run a militaristic, Sparta-esque fort in an area with a chasm and undead.
Losing is Fun!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help