News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

It won't be worth it to buy for PC. I'm on Xbox Live, FunkMonke if you want to add.

The single-player campaign so far:  :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Utterly ridiculous Michael Bay-like havoc. Works well for video games, though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 10, 2009, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2009, 06:50:42 AM
It should curtail the mod/hack squads.

As well as people who want to play multiplayer.  Was gonna buy this until I learned it was going to have shitty Xboxtard peer to peer multiplayer.

I dunno...those would be the ones I'd want to kill the most.

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 10, 2009, 05:01:17 PM
It won't be worth it to buy for PC. I'm on Xbox Live, FunkMonke if you want to add.

So, not an accurate military simulator?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2009, 06:17:24 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 10, 2009, 05:01:17 PM

So, not an accurate military simulator?

Not as accurate as Modern Warfare 3.
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare?utm_source=videoembed

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2009, 06:03:12 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 10, 2009, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2009, 06:50:42 AM
It should curtail the mod/hack squads.

As well as people who want to play multiplayer.  Was gonna buy this until I learned it was going to have shitty Xboxtard peer to peer multiplayer.

I dunno...those would be the ones I'd want to kill the most.

I predict my favorite tactic will be equipping a riot shield and running straight at blathering adolescents gripping their Dragunovs like lollipops and bashing them in the face, laughing through the mic while I do it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 10, 2009, 09:01:55 PM
I predict my favorite tactic will be equipping a riot shield and running straight at blathering adolescents gripping their Dragunovs like lollipops and bashing them in the face, laughing through the mic while I do it.

Still not as much fun as sneaking up on someone as a medic in BF2, and zapping them with the defibrilator.  Now that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2009, 11:14:21 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 10, 2009, 09:01:55 PM

Still not as much fun as sneaking up on someone as a medic in BF2, and zapping them with the defibrilator.  Now that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Too true. So far I suck bad at this game on xbox. Bad, real bad. I miss the flexibility and precision of the mouse. :(

GOD DAMN CONSOLES </reverend wright>

Razgovory

So Funkmonk, in your time in the army have you ever been in a snowmobile chase?  Or a Raft Chase?  Or had an army general pour gasoline on you and light you on fire?  Just trying to get an idea how realistic this game is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

katmai

Looking for realism in a video game shows how nucking futs you are Razzle.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2009, 08:37:37 PM
So Funkmonk, in your time in the army have you ever been in a snowmobile chase?  Or a Raft Chase?  Or had an army general pour gasoline on you and light you on fire?  Just trying to get an idea how realistic this game is.

:lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on November 12, 2009, 08:40:07 PM
Looking for realism in a video game shows how nucking futs you are Razzle.

The pull the knife out of your chest controls were very intuitive.

MadBurgerMaker

I've been playing Mass Effect.  I was wandering around Best Buy the other day, saw it for $20, and figured I should finally give it a shot. 

Edit:  Seems fairly buggy.  I've already learned to hit F6 as often as possible.

BuddhaRhubarb

Scored an oddball awesome find at my local thrift store yesterday. Bought Civ 4 Warlords expansion, Victoria, EUII, Tropico 2 Pirate Cove for 3.99 each/ Also got a cool DVD of short films by some friends of mine back in the Peg for the same price.

Won't be playing any of the games until December, likely. As I'm trying to do the NaNoWriMo (see TBR) this month. Couldn't pass up those games though. So rare to find any one of those used somewhere, let alone all four.

I was going to skip over Warlords and just get Beyond The Sword in December. I'm still doing that, but now have the option to get my war on if that's called for. Will keep mining that store may be a one off though.
:p

Eddie Teach

BTS is awesome, I'd definitely suggest you get it as soon as your moritorium on civ is up.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Playing Silent Hunter III with the Grey Wolves expansion/mod. It's awesome, way better than crappy Silent Hunter II.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help