News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I loaded on Diablo II last night and played a Necromancer Summoner on single player with /players 8.  At first the graphics looked terrible but I kept playing until I realized I had played long enough to kill the First Demon boss to end Act 1.  I was level 22 and it was late....

The Brain

I remember entering Rage when D2 came because it was fucking low-res. I still played it but I whined a lot while doing so.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

There's a D2 mod where you can set it to any resolution out there. It works pretty good.

If you love Diablo, try Torchlight.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

well played the end of my first game of Civ 4, winning on "time". weak. was trying for a cultural win, or space race, but it didn't happen. My war with japan took too long, too many resources. learned a bit about the game. Hopefully next game I can do better than Dan Quayle.
:p

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2009, 09:28:04 AM
I was messing around with VATSIM (live air traffic control) last night on FSX.  Man, that shit is neat.

I was checking out the website.  Explain more, please.

Caliga

A giant nerd roleplays being an ATC with some special software that simulates the ATC environment.  You connect via teamspeak network with a tool that relays your aircraft location to him and all other sim pilots.  You want to make a flight in flight simulator, you say "November Niner Three Zero Seven Six at Kilo Limo Oscar Uniform, request IFR clearance to Kilo Oscar Whiskey Bravo, over." Nerd responds with "Good evening Niner Three Zero Seven Six, copy, cleared to Kilo Oscar Whiskey Bravo, squawk Zero Seven Six Four, depart Kilo Lima Oscar Uniform runway Twenty One, climb to flight level Two Seven Zero and maintain direct, advise controller you have Foxtrot, over."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2009, 09:46:41 PM
A giant nerd roleplays being an ATC with some special software that simulates the ATC environment.  You connect via teamspeak network with a tool that relays your aircraft location to him and all other sim pilots.  You want to make a flight in flight simulator, you say "November Niner Three Zero Seven Six at Kilo Limo Oscar Uniform, request IFR clearance to Kilo Oscar Whiskey Bravo, over." Nerd responds with "Good evening Niner Three Zero Seven Six, copy, cleared to Kilo Oscar Whiskey Bravo, squawk Zero Seven Six Four, depart Kilo Lima Oscar Uniform runway Twenty One, climb to flight level Two Seven Zero and maintain direct, advise controller you have Foxtrot, over."

Hey...I was thinking about being an ATC, dammit.  :mad:

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2009, 09:46:41 PM

:nerd:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2009, 12:24:49 AM
Hey...I was thinking about being an ATC, dammit.  :mad:
Sorry chief, but I calls em like I sees em.  :blush:

Oddly, I've heard 2-3 female ATCs on the VATSIM airwaves.

Ed Anger

Can you grief them?

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT! SET DEPTH TO 100 FEET! DIVE! DIVE!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

:lol: I'm sure you can, but the realism rules are extremely strict so you would quickly be banned.  Seriously, most of the training schools (both ATC and pilot) use VATSIM now to train their students, and I believe the military has started using it as well.

Josquius

I've gotten a hold of the original Svea Rike in Swedish.
I get the feeling though that even if I understood all the words though it'd be hard to figure out....
██████
██████
██████

Seen

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on November 03, 2009, 01:40:45 PM
well played the end of my first game of Civ 4, winning on "time". weak. was trying for a cultural win, or space race, but it didn't happen. My war with japan took too long, too many resources. learned a bit about the game. Hopefully next game I can do better than Dan Quayle.
Martinus will tell you the best way to win a certain victory with civ is focussing on it from 4000BC onward and not divert from the chosen path, even in war.  :nerd:

Cerr

Just finished Half Life 2: Episode 2.
It was enjoyable.

Going to go back to Fallout 3 now. I stopped roughly in the middle IIRC.

I might try some more HL2 mods as well.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 08:39:42 AM
and I believe the military has started using it as well.

I'm sure they are, and not for the reasons you think.
:ph34r: