What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: KRonn on September 22, 2009, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 22, 2009, 12:19:36 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 22, 2009, 12:00:45 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 22, 2009, 11:38:03 AM
The Tropico 3 demo is great! Can't wait for the full game now.

Be more descriptive.

Well it is Tropico 1 with vastly improved graphics and even more flavor. That's all which need to be said.
Nice, I'll be interested in it.   :)

Yeah I mean, when I read at the wargamer.com that the game is more like an upgrade and not a rethink of the game, I was dissapointed. Then tried the demo and got hooked immediately.

Tamas

Mmmhhh... Ordering my military to take out the leader of the Enviromentalist faction (wtf is your problem the great powers were testing nukes ON OUR SEA not on our island), setting up the secret police in a pub, instituting conscription.... :mmm:

But also it is clear that just like in Tropico 1 there is probably a fool-proof way to victory, I just haven't found it yet.

HisMajestyBOB

Almost finished with Braid: I've gone one puzzle piece on the last world I need to figure out how to get.

Been playing Ultima 4, too - I'm now an avatar of Justice. One Virtue down, 7 to go!

Also playing Serious Sam off and on.

Finally, I put together a scenario for Steel Panthers: Main Battle Tank. It's actually kinda fun.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Alatriste

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 25, 2009, 05:24:03 AM
Almost finished with Braid: I've gone one puzzle piece on the last world I need to figure out how to get.

Been playing Ultima 4, too - I'm now an avatar of Justice. One Virtue down, 7 to go!

Also playing Serious Sam off and on.

Finally, I put together a scenario for Steel Panthers: Main Battle Tank. It's actually kinda fun.

I only played vanilla Steel Panthers, but does the AI still use exclusively the 'Massive Steel Wave will punch trough the very center of the enemy positions' tactic? I just loved deploying minefields close to (and actually in) the target hexes and 88s (or similar ATs) in the flanks; it made for nice ambushes but after some time one got tired of always firing against the enemy at 5% and they always firing at you at 95%.

Not only was that a bit unsporting (I can live with that playing against the PC) but made for awfully unrealistic tactics that worked, and realistic tactics that failed.

HisMajestyBOB

Pretty much. The AI is still stupid, and still views trucks and jeeps as the most valuable enemy targets, and so on. Generally I prefer Steel Panthers: World at War over MBT; it feels more polished and the gameplay is more fun. However, WaW is only WWII, and sometimes I just have a hankering to drop some laser-guided 2000lbs bombs on some poor sap's head.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Alright, if you can gather a regular group of friends to quest with (and it should be no big problem since the game is free), D&D Online is great: we were just in the final quest of the starter island where at one point we were walking on transparent ice while below a bunch of NPCs fought an ice dragon to distract it so we can destroy an artifact. And you could see the dragon walking beneath you. And this was a quest for people just hitting level 2. The game is awesome.

Ed Anger

Team Fortress 2: I have discovered the joys of throwing the jar of pee on people as the Sniper.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tamas on September 26, 2009, 09:57:11 AM
Alright, if you can gather a regular group of friends to quest with (and it should be no big problem since the game is free), D&D Online is great: we were just in the final quest of the starter island where at one point we were walking on transparent ice while below a bunch of NPCs fought an ice dragon to distract it so we can destroy an artifact. And you could see the dragon walking beneath you. And this was a quest for people just hitting level 2. The game is awesome.

I've finished Noob Island and a couple quests on the mainland, find it kind of boring so far, although I've mostly played alone.  Feels almost like an action game, seems like all I do is hold down mouse 1 and point at the enemy.

The battle with the dragon under the ice was pretty cool though. 

Actually, playing this kind of just makes me want to reactivate my LOTRO account.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 26, 2009, 02:22:44 PM
Team Fortress 2: I have discovered the joys of throwing the jar of pee on people as the Sniper.

The next update will make Jarate even more effective

Ed Anger

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 26, 2009, 03:18:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 26, 2009, 02:22:44 PM

The next update will make Jarate even more effective

That has to be a joke.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on September 22, 2009, 11:38:03 AM
The Tropico 3 demo is great! Can't wait for the full game now.

It's out in Germany/Austria. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to buy it online from their store (gamesplanet.com), because it rejects all manners of payment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Been playing through the story modes of Soul Caliber IV on XBox360. Entertaining game that's enjoyable even when you don't memorize a gazillion combos (unlike, say, Dead or Alive 4).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Picked up Tropico 3 today. Looks and feels a lot like Tropico 1, but with shinier graphics and seemingly smarter transport system and faster building.

Dunno how much the president avatar can do yet besides speed up constructions, hold presidential speeched and increase effiiciency of buildings he visits.

For an easy game trying to get into it I'm playing a small, stable island, destined to become a tourist resort:

Presidente Syt (besides the known background/ascent to power/positive+negative traits you can also customize the looks):
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Zoomed in to the max - on second thought I'm not sure if some of those houses and the corn farm were such a good idea near the tourist area.
—Stephen Jay Gould