News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerr

I've been playing Defence of the Ancients. Just been playing around with the version that has AI players, to get a hang of it. It's fun so far. The item buying is a pain though, don't know why they made that so complicated.

Also playing the Mount & Blade demo. It's pretty enjoyable, might buy the game at some stage.

Syt

Quote from: Cerr on March 31, 2009, 12:07:03 PM
I've been playing Defence of the Ancients. Just been playing around with the version that has AI players, to get a hang of it. It's fun so far. The item buying is a pain though, don't know why they made that so complicated.

We played 3vs3 in the student dorm back then. V6, I think?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

vinraith

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 31, 2009, 06:16:10 AM
NHL 09
HAWX
Curling DS
Burnout Paradise
LOTRO

And at some point, I really need to finish CoH:OF

How is Burnout Paradise? I adored Burnout 3 on the PS2 but each subsequent title seemed to fuck up the formula that made that game work a little bit more.

Grey Fox

Quote from: vinraith on March 31, 2009, 12:56:47 PM
How is Burnout Paradise? I adored Burnout 3 on the PS2 but each subsequent title seemed to fuck up the formula that made that game work a little bit more.

I never played any of the previous iteration of Burnout so I can't compare.

However, it's a really good racing game. Lots of vehicles, stunts & speed. It obviously includes all the modern options a Racing games has in the 360 era and of course Achievements.

Biggest down side is there's no "Race Restart". You have to drive back. Menus are also quite confusing, especially to find the "Save and quit" button.

Apparently, Online is really good, but I've never tried. My copy isn't legit. Death to DRM.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Galrion

Just downloaded and started playing Magna Mundi.  I'm not sure how I feel about the map.

vinraith

Quote from: Galrion on March 31, 2009, 10:45:09 PM
Just downloaded and started playing Magna Mundi.  I'm not sure how I feel about the map.

It really grew on me, but if you decide you don't like it it's fairly easy to revert to Pish's map, the vanilla map, or anything else you like while keeping all the other MMP stuff. 

Galrion

Quote from: vinraith on April 01, 2009, 01:05:12 PM

It really grew on me, but if you decide you don't like it it's fairly easy to revert to Pish's map, the vanilla map, or anything else you like while keeping all the other MMP stuff.

Hmm, I thought the manual or something I read when I downloaded it said the map was Pish's.  By the way, the mod says that the game was tested for a 1453 start.  Has anyone had any difficulties starting at an earlier date?

vinraith

Quote from: Galrion on April 01, 2009, 03:17:37 PM
Quote from: vinraith on April 01, 2009, 01:05:12 PM

Hmm, I thought the manual or something I read when I downloaded it said the map was Pish's.  By the way, the mod says that the game was tested for a 1453 start.  Has anyone had any difficulties starting at an earlier date?

It's a modified version of Pish's. I take it you're used to the vanilla map?

I've never tried anything but 1453, so can't help on that.

Galrion

Quote from: vinraith on April 01, 2009, 04:34:53 PM

It's a modified version of Pish's. I take it you're used to the vanilla map?

I've never tried anything but 1453, so can't help on that.

I guess so.  I honestly haven't played that much eu3.  Played as China then Byzantium, don't think I even finished either one.

CountDeMoney

I got my copy of Case Blue in the mail yesterday.
I rolled myself up in the maps like a burrito and masterbated furiously.  That's really all I do with wargames now.

Syt

I'm taking the time to install the "standard" games that I like having on my PC at any time. I just gave a quick test run to EU3IN, and with the new machine I was (hands off as Milan) from 1399 to 1403 in under five minutes at max speed.

Moving on the GalCiv2 installation now, then Civ4 and my Matrix and Ageod games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

While at it I'll also go to install FSX again to see how it runs now.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 02, 2009, 05:08:43 AM
I got my copy of Case Blue in the mail yesterday.
I rolled myself up in the maps like a burrito and masterbated furiously.  That's really all I do with wargames now.
That happens.  I always used to buy D&D books, even though my playing days are long gone.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Crysis. Very good fun up till the point where you leave the alien ship. Would have been better to leave the aliens more obscure.
—Stephen Jay Gould

vinraith

Finished Assassin's Creed, not a bad little run (certainly for $10).

I've just started my first real King's Bounty: The Legend game. So far it's interesting, light, and fun. It's less well designed than HOMM V in some regards, but so far is different enough to stand on its own. We'll see.

Also, still dabbling with TF2 and RoN: T&P in multiplayer.