News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Finally got Fable 3 working on Windows 10. Still a damn fun game.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josquius

Started the Mad Max game.
It's alright. A Mad Max game has been needed for a long while; though it focuses a bit much on foot action and less on car battles for long stretches of road.
No way am I going for 100% completion on it.
██████
██████
██████

Archy

City Skylines. Building my first city, had it long time on my computer before.
It's a bit addictive to me.

Syt

Got back into playing Overwatch.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Starcraft II: Nova Covert Ops.

Well, most missions just aren't as fun as the original Starcraft 2 game.  Some are really nice, the others kinda boring and reminds me a way too much of older games.  Like the first mission where you need to run a bike in a 2d map while ennemies chase you from behind and the front, then some big baddy comes along.  I really liked the original Starcraft.  Wings of Liberty was pretty good too.  Never really liked the Zerg, but I had fun playing the Protoss.  Now, it's just not the same, imho.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

KRonn

Civ VI, some Stellaris and Patrician IV. I still play M.A.X. I sometimes when in the mood for simpler games.

Octavian

Dividing my time between Tyrany and replaying Mass Effect 2. About to start the suicide mission. Love the Mass Effect series so I look forward replaying Mass Effect 3.

Never really been a fan of games lige Tyrany, Pillers of Eternity etc. But I am really enjoying Tyrany.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Caliga

I started playing The Wolf Among Us last night after picking it up in the Steam sale.  Liking it so far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

Dragon's Dogma: Arisen on PC. Interesting. Very opaque game mechanics starting out. But nice, one hour in.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on November 29, 2016, 10:34:37 AM
I started playing The Wolf Among Us last night after picking it up in the Steam sale.  Liking it so far.

I need to read the Fables comics again. The Animal Farm arc with Goldilocks was hilarious, and messed up.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Fables comics are great, and I got into them after playing the game, actually. In particular the entire arc that brings about the downfall of the Adversary and the retaking of the Homelands. You see the author picking up character arcs from 200000 issues prior and tying them up so satisfyingly, it's fantastically written.

Syt

Still playing Overwatch. I put in around 5 matches per day, more on weekends. I'm still complete rubbish, though. :D

I finished my placement games yesterday for competitive season 3, and the result is what I expected. Placement is mostly based on Season 2 performance (in which I didn't play), so I was curious as to how I would rate.

The tiers are Bronze => Silver => Gold => Platinum => Diamond => Master => Grandmaster

I ended up in bronze tier ( :blush: ), but I want to get to mid-Silver. Only 250 or so points away, so entirely doable.

I want to focus on support this season. I feel like I'm doing really well with Mercy in matches, but my win-loss record with her is really bad. Either I'm doing well with her, because my team needs A LOT of heals in those matches, or I'm not doing well enough (current meta is to run 2 healers, 2 tanks, 2 DPS). I may switch more to Ana (snipe healer/damage + damage denial to enemy team)/Lucio (AOE healer + speedboost) in future matches for comparison. I really like playing Ana, but I feel my aim is too inconsistent to be great with her.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Any of you guys own a PS4 or XB1?

If just one of them, how did you pick?

I'm having lots of trouble picking one to buy. My heart feels XB1 but I feel like the PS4 is the superior product.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

PS4 will have more exclusives, like the Uncharted series, or Bloodborne. Many/most Xbox games also come to PC, and if they don't they'll usyally at least be on PS4. When you get a console make sure it has sufficient hard disk space. Downloading multi-GB patches us a thing on consoles tgese days,  not to mention that you will often want to make an HD install to reduce load times.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

That's why it's so hard to choose the games I'm interested in are on both platforms (Sports & racing games).

It basically comes down to EA Access + FH3 vs My half-brother PS4 games collection* + Gran Turismo/DriveClub

*Works for Ubisoft, has all of their games, we don't see each other too often tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.