News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Starcraft 2, now that I have all three episodes. Playing it on hard, because Normal was literally no challenge.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Archy

Mafia II a game from 2010. Bought during December 2014. Untouched till now.
Has a GTA feel. Like the setting. I'll see if I can finish it. I'm not good at finishing games.

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on June 20, 2016, 07:51:52 AM
Starcraft 2, now that I have all three episodes. Playing it on hard, because Normal was literally no challenge.

Protoss are something of a bore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Zelda Twilight Princess HD remake.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

Slitherio  Surprisingly fun MMO snake game.  Collect the dots, watch out for other snakes, you can cross your own path, press the mouse button to go faster (and lose points).

Scipio

This is the Police. Good management game with excellent plot. Very pulpy. Not terribly replayable, but great voice work, play style, and highly abstracted art work.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Tonitrus

Taking a long break from Stellaris (let them work them patches), with finishing up some XCOM: Long War mod(toned down with lots of favorable Second Wave options and some .ini tweaks) on Ironman...as I never did finish a game before. 

Haven't picked up XCOM2 yet.  May not even...as I don't care at all for the time-limit missions.

Already seeing/thinking how XCOM, with some tweaks (especially a random tactical map system) could be a whole lot better than it already is.

Scipio

Back into Rebel Galaxy. Almost ready to move out of the first star system. Lol.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Josquius

Tried Space Engineers.
I don't get it.
Not sure I want to invest the massive time seemingly needed to learn this.

Also Saints Row 2.
Terrible GTA clone. The control system is just...ugh
██████
██████
██████

Scipio

Arkham Knight. Loving it, despite the cheese and the heavy misogyny. ALso, love the batmobile. SOrry, I do.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

MadImmortalMan

I did a word search, so I don't think anyone's mentioned Rimworld yet.

Do NOT try it. Your teeth will turn black and fall out and you will die screaming for more.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 11, 2016, 03:38:29 PM
I did a word search, so I don't think anyone's mentioned Rimworld yet.

Do NOT try it. Your teeth will turn black and fall out and you will die screaming for more.

I saw it and thought, that dude was so talented he had to jack the graphics from Prison Architect. His lame response was he isn't all that graphically talented/there are only a limited about of ways to show pixelated images of that size...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Shadowrun Dragonfall
I like how it imitates pen and paper rpgs. Let's you make stuff up about your past as you go along.
Just like shadowrun returns the lack of interactivity is a bit of a pain but.... it's a good story in a cool silly world
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on October 12, 2016, 01:39:05 AM
Shadowrun Dragonfall
I like how it imitates pen and paper rpgs. Let's you make stuff up about your past as you go along.
Just like shadowrun returns the lack of interactivity is a bit of a pain but.... it's a good story in a cool silly world

Yeah, I loved that game. As you say, as an RPG gameplay is rather basic (it is more a tactical combat game than anything else), but the characters and world were just great.

Razgovory

Why did they put the hardest part of the Witcher 2 in the beginning?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017