And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2017, 06:42:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2017, 07:26:17 PM
Got Call of Duty infinite warfare with my replacement PS4. 3 online matches, 3 kills and 44 deaths.  :lol:

Woohoo! Got 3 more kills in one match with a grenade. I got cussed at.:w00t:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

I started far cry 3.
Its good.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

According to steam, it's been two months since I last fired up a videogame. It's probably the longest dry stretch since I own a computer. What's happening to me?

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on May 08, 2017, 02:56:50 PM
According to steam, it's been two months since I last fired up a videogame. It's probably the longest dry stretch since I own a computer. What's happening to me?

Girlfriend?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2017, 02:58:45 PM

Girlfriend?

Yeah, one of the main reasons most definitely. Weekends that I would have previously spent beating games are now spent doing... other... things... that are not videogames.

I also used to play a bit after dinner but I find myself firing up Netflix instead.

Razgovory

The trick is to be as repulsive as possible.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

You are maturing :)

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2017, 08:19:41 PM
The trick is to be as repulsive as possible.

I tried this, it doesn't work, steam games still keep throwing themselves at me.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Solmyr

You played game on GOG or Origin instead? :P

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on May 09, 2017, 04:01:41 PM

You played game on GOG or Origin instead? :P

No. I guess I have toyed with some phone games while commuting, but none has stuck either.

Ed Anger

I like World of Tanks on the PS4. Couldn't stand it on PC but on a 73" screen? Glorious.

I'm up to a Pz III w/50mm gun.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

Well, I might break my VG duck. I spotted Diablo 3+Expansion at a pretty nice discount at my local game store. How does it compare to more recent action RPGs? (i.e. the Grim Dawns, Victor Vrans, or even Path of Exile). D2 was one of the defining games of my youth.

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on May 11, 2017, 03:28:54 AM
Well, I might break my VG duck. I spotted Diablo 3+Expansion at a pretty nice discount at my local game store. How does it compare to more recent action RPGs? (i.e. the Grim Dawns, Victor Vrans, or even Path of Exile). D2 was one of the defining games of my youth.

I enjoyed it, but it doesn't have near the staying power of PoE.  I like the difficulty setting (make sure to crank up the difficulty until it starts getting hard) and find the visual clues/responsiveness to be about the best of any modern ARPG.

Syt

It's very playable now, but from what I see, Path of Exile offers more depth.

If you want to play it for the story ... it's not so great. That said, when a new season starts I usually start a new seasonal character. There's tons of build suggestions online, and you can always check the builds of people in the rankings (which is usually pretty uniform on top levels).

It's a great game for keeping the lizard brain busy while listening to podcasts or audiobooks, usually farming your way through rifts (randomly generated dungeons of increasing difficulty) or doing the bounties (completing certain story quests, usually killing a certain boss or elite).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.