News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How to Make the NFL Pro Bowl Watchable

Started by Admiral Yi, January 23, 2013, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

It's the crappiest all star game.  Any way to change it so a single person on the planet might be tempted to tune in?  For example, how about making it a flag football game?

sbr

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 23, 2013, 11:51:55 AM
It's the crappiest all star game.  Any way to change it so a single person on the planet might be tempted to tune in?  For example, how about making it a flag football game?

Allow the winning conference to host the Super Bowl!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2013, 12:10:12 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 23, 2013, 11:51:55 AM

Allow the winning conference to host the Super Bowl!

Laugh all you want, but that little gimmick makes the All-Star Game a little more interesting to watch.

But any and all ASGs where there's some physical contact tends to be rather lame, because of course no player wants to risk injury for a meaningless game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

It's not a great game due to the injury risk avoidance, but having the game is better than not having it.  Just don't watch it if you're not entertained.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2013, 12:18:19 PM
But any and all ASGs where there's some physical contact tends to be rather lame, because of course no player wants to risk injury for a meaningless game.

I'm sure Ray Fosse will be so glad to hear about that.

derspiess

Quote from: dps on January 23, 2013, 12:36:49 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2013, 12:18:19 PM

I'm sure Ray Fosse will be so glad to hear about that.

Best All-Star Game moment EVER

Speaking of which, Cincy is getting the 2015 game  :punk:  Too bad ticket prices will be ridiculous.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

It needs to be at the start of the season : Superbowl Winning team vs All stars team.

But seriously, the NFL just needs to do away with that thing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Kleves

Make it a skills competition. You know, like the sometimes watchable part of NBA All-Star weekend.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Admiral Yi

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 23, 2013, 01:16:15 PM
It needs to be at the start of the season : Superbowl Winning team vs All stars team.

Yuck.  Forget the SUper Bowl winner, the Kansas City Cheifs would dismantle Alabama.  It would be a blow-out and incredibly uninteresting to see one team get completely physically dominted.

I would be almost as bad as the Alabama /ND game.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Hmm, I thought I saw college all-star team in your post.  :blush:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 23, 2013, 01:50:12 PM
I like the cut of your jib Kleves.

The NFL used to have stuff like that, like the old Quarterback Challenge in late Spring/early Summer, but nobody ever watched the damned thing.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2013, 04:34:27 PM
The NFL used to have stuff like that, like the old Quarterback Challenge in late Spring/early Summer, but nobody ever watched the damned thing.

Do you know anyone besides The Forehead who watches the Pro Bowl?  I don't.