Big Chinese Stuff, So We Can Import More Chinese Shit Cheaper :

Started by mongers, January 21, 2013, 08:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Big Stuff, So We Can Import More Shit Cheaper - 

World's largest quay cranes set sail for London Gateway port:

he first three giant cranes destined for London Gateway's deep-water port, which measure 138 metres, have started their journey from China.

The semi-automated cranes, which were manufactured by Shanghai's Zhenhua Port Machinery Company (ZPMC), stand taller than the London Eye.

Their boom has a reach that will allow them to pick up containers 25 rows across deck, beyond the width of the world's largest container ship.

Tim Halhead, London Gateway operations director, said: "The size of the cranes future proofs the port, allowing London Gateway to handle the next generation of ultra large container ships. These cranes are among the most advanced in the industry."

http://www.themanufacturer.com/articles/worlds-largest-quay-cranes-set-sail-for-the-uk/

I wouldn't be too upset if a couple of these fell off shit in a storm and there competing with my local port anyway.  :bowler:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point