News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you have a written employment contract?

Started by Zanza, January 20, 2013, 03:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have a written employment contract?

Yes (USA)
5 (11.4%)
Yes (ROTW)
25 (56.8%)
No (USA)
14 (31.8%)
No (ROTW)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 43

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Unemployed, so no, but don't think I've ever had a contract.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

I do. Had one at both of accounting related jobs. Last one was a long fucker that i had to sign and submit before i could start.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

KRonn

Nah, I never had an employment contract. Maybe once when I did some consulting work, but for other jobs no contracts have ever been necessary.

Tonitrus

I might just have the most binding contract around here.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Pedrito

Yes. Everyone of my employees has a written contract.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

I work full time and legally in the civilized world. Of course I do.

Such is the Japanese way though its not particularly binding. Mine is stuck to a bit more than for Japanese employees though.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Zanza on January 20, 2013, 03:32:28 PM

Related question: How do legal proceedings on employment work in your place if you don't have a written contract? Let's say you were promised a certain amount of pay or vacation and the employer later does not actually give it to you.

The same way any disagrement over provisions of an unwritten contract would be dealt with in a legal setting--if you can prove that those provisions were agreed on, or the other party admits to them, then they're still usually enforcable.

Martinus

Quote from: dps on January 21, 2013, 04:39:15 AM
Quote from: Zanza on January 20, 2013, 03:32:28 PM

Related question: How do legal proceedings on employment work in your place if you don't have a written contract? Let's say you were promised a certain amount of pay or vacation and the employer later does not actually give it to you.

The same way any disagrement over provisions of an unwritten contract would be dealt with in a legal setting--if you can prove that those provisions were agreed on, or the other party admits to them, then they're still usually enforcable.

Which is kind of the point of having a written contract...

Incidentally, love the litigation involving disagreement over provisions of an unwritten contract, where one party admits to claims of the other party, concerning the contract's terms - happens all the fucking time.

Duque de Bragança

Written contract most of the time. The times when I hadn't one was when I was substituting somebody for a short period of time.

Brazen

Always had a contract; I even had two for four weeks of work once   :D

Brazen

Oh and in the UK we get an extra little section waiving the EU working hours directive, so we can work more than 48 hours a week. Yippee!!!  :bowler:

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on January 21, 2013, 05:20:22 AM
Oh and in the UK we get an extra little section waiving the EU working hours directive, so we can work more than 48 hours a week. Yippee!!!  :bowler:

As RH said in the other thread, subversive ideas like this lead to European totalitarianism. :yes: