News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

War Thunder?

Started by Syt, January 18, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

:lol:  I did that a few times.  They seem to work really in the canyon type maps.  It's harder for the enemy to maneuver around your gunners.  I shot down two guys in a few second like that.

Still hate the Russians though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Games fucking addictive despite the fact I really, really suck at it.  If anyone wants to shoot me down online I'm Razgovory.  Betcha didn't see that one coming?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

I'm under "JonBenetRamjet".  I'm the one ramming people with my Swordfish.

Lettow77

Ramming is holy sacred justice, but it generates some real mad, particularly if you get adept enough at it to survive ramming around half the time.

I play as Yukkuri, these days mostly as Britain.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Berkut

The people bitching about ramming almost make me want to ram people as a matter of course.

What is funny about it is that in most cases, it is easy to avoid being rammed, if you are willing to dodge instead of just sitting their shooting at the guy flying right at you. But nobody wants to do that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

It's not really a problem, for me.  I'm for more likely to to collide with a mountain, airfield or one my own bombs.

CountDeMoney

Some people just can't fly.  And your teammates will clip your wings if it means poaching an easy kill.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2013, 08:35:45 AM
Some people just can't fly.  And your teammates will clip your wings if it means poaching an easy kill.

I watched two assholes who were tailing my PBY crashed into each other as they were jockeying for a kill.  Hilarious.  I may try the Russian planes next cause my P-40 has mediocre firepower, turning radius and terrible climb.

Lettow77

The P-40's firepower is excellent, some of the very best level 4 can possibly afford. The part about climbing is true, but not very relevant unless you are in historical mode.

Alcibiades

The Russian planes are by far the best in game, obviously.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Lettow77

The level 6 spitfire is so laughably better than the level 7 zero that it makes me want to cry- although superficially they have almost identical armament. (edit: insomuch as the armament differs, it is in the spitfire's favor..)

Playing UK is such easymodo that I felt like I was doing something wrong as I denied the consent and self-validation of countless subhuman aircraft

edit: speaking of subhumans, the latest patch raises prices on most everything as well as income, but the penalties for teamkilling stagnated. Chastising imbeciles who shoot you from behind is now quite affordable- I just gladly engaged in a long-running duel with some aerocobra-using slackjaw, and between killing him three times and dying to him once, narrowly provided the margin by which our team lost. In-fighting is the single best reason to lose  :)

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 25, 2013, 05:58:57 PM
The P-40's firepower is excellent, some of the very best level 4 can possibly afford. The part about climbing is true, but not very relevant unless you are in historical mode.

Seems I often have to fire a hell of a lot rounds before I take someone down usually.  Course my aim isn't very good.  The climb is a problem if I want to go after a bomber or I need to escape quickly.

Lettow77

I sang the praises of the hayabusa earlier- it has two 12.7 mgs and can kill things somewhat reliably. The P-40 has six of them.

As for a lot of ammo..try to concentrate fire on one part. Shots to the frame don't do much, especially if you are hitting each piece of the plane for a negligible amount.

Razgovory

I barely hit the plane at all.  They are always moving!

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.