News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Should Meri report her professor?

Started by merithyn, January 17, 2013, 05:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well? Should she?

Absolutely! Teaching manners to cads is far more important than her potential career.
No way! Keeping your head down and your nose clean is the way to go through life!
Don't know what you're talking about and/or frankly don't care.
Wheee! A poll!!

Berkut

Quote from: merithyn on January 18, 2013, 04:01:18 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2013, 03:52:34 PM
Quote from: merithyn on January 18, 2013, 03:28:49 PM
First, how condescending that if someone disagrees with you (and inadvertantly agrees with me in the process) they must be a white knight trying to rescue me. Maybe they just, you know, disagree with you.

Yeah, but that is Jake's shtick, though.

That whole "white knight" crap is thrown out whenever someone agrees with me and says so. It can't just be that they agree with me. No, it's "going to the girlie-girl's defense as if she needs you har har".  :rolleyes:

No, I've never once said it before...except to Jacob when he does this.

I agree with you plenty, and I disagree with you sometimes. I am not afraid to say so, although I am rather dissapointed that you cannot take me not agreeing with you without letting it become personal. That is unfortnate, but it isn't going to change how I respond to what I see.

What is funny about Jake is his willingness to become so admanat about what an asshole someone is for not agreeing with you in particular. I don't agree with lots of people, but I don't see Jake willing to go to the lengths of flat out lying about what they say to defend anyone else.

But whatever, that is his thing. He loves being seen as the sensitive, understanding guy in the cruel world of jerks. We all have our little schticks.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

For what it's worth, I find Berkut's attitude much more sensible than the faggot ponytail brigade here.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 04:05:51 PM
For what it's worth, I find Berkurpt's attitude much more sensible than the faggot ponytail brigade here.

Ouch.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

For what it's worth, I find Berkurpt's attitude much more sensible than the faggot ponytail brigade here.

His attitude is actually what I take issue with.  I mostly agree with his opinion.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on January 18, 2013, 03:56:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 18, 2013, 09:59:59 AM
Office hours seemed strange. They were always like come on down whenever you feel like - and it was like yeah but what am I going to say?
I used to go to one of my history professor's office hours and ask him random questions that weren't really part of the class material but stuff I knew he'd know something about.  One time we had an hour long discussion about when exactly Greek paganism went extinct.  Good times.

The best way to squeeze better marks out of a prof is not to ask for better marks or stuff to do for extra credit, but to display interest in the stuff that they find interesting.

The best way to do that is actually to be interested in it.

The best way to do that, is choose profs who do stuff you find interesting ... not necessarily the courses they are required to teach.  ;) These days, what with the Internet and all, doing a bot of research along those lines ought to be easy.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2013, 04:05:31 PM
But whatever, that is his thing. He loves being seen as the sensitive, understanding guy in the cruel world of jerks. We all have our little schticks.

Well, it gets him laid.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2013, 04:07:03 PM

His attitude is actually what I take issue with.  I mostly agree with his opinion.

I like his attitude. He keeps it real.

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 04:08:26 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2013, 04:05:31 PM

Well, it gets him laid.

Which is why heterosexuality is a dysfunction.

merithyn

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2013, 04:01:40 PM

Nothing to do with disagreeing with me and everything to do with Jake's modus operandi. His entire bit where he came in and blatnatly lied about what I said, then clearly went out of his way to completely mis0characterize my point in order to get you to act exactly the way you are acting right now.

:huh:

What the hell are you talking about? His post pretty much just summed up what I perceived from your posts while I read them. If he's mischaracterizing you, then you did a piss-poor job of explaining what you really meant. Because I gotta' tell you, Berk, I read everything you said, and I walked away with the exact same impression as Jake. Not because he manipulated me (thanks for thinking so highly of my own ability to read and interpret), but because it's how you presented yourself.

He said I said you were silly and over-emotional. I never said either of those things.

You implied both. No, the words themselves were not said, but everything that you said and every way that you said it implied that very thing. If you don't think that I was being silly and over-emotional, then again, you had a piss-poor way of communicating what you actually thought. It's pretty hard to read your posts to mean anything other than "You're being silly and over-emotional".
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

For what it's worth, I find Berkut's attitude much more sensible than the faggot ponytail brigade here.

Kiss of Death Berkie :console:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2013, 04:11:09 PM

Kiss of Death Berkie :console:

Well I'm drunk so it could be the reverse. I do find Jacob to be one of the most disingenous and despicable people on this board, though. Hell, I'd prefer derspiess's idiocy.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 04:09:05 PM
I like his attitude. He keeps it real.

There's keeping it real & stating your opinion, and then there's launching a crusade and spending way too much time talking about something.  He tends toward the latter sometimes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2013, 03:03:00 PMI certainly don't care to make sure I come across as the white knight there to rescue the damsel in distress, so I doubt I will ever get the Jacob Seal of Approval.

It is amusing though that you demand that I listen better immediately after you admittedly lie about my posts in order to make certain you can claim I said much that I did not - adversarial indeed.

:lmfao:

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 04:13:37 PM
Well I'm drunk so it could be the reverse.

Do you hit on women when you're drunk?

QuoteI do find Jacob to be one of the most disingenous and despicable people on this board, though. Hell, I'd prefer derspiess's idiocy.

:punk:

Yeah, you are drunk.

Martinus