Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Started by Oexmelin, May 19, 2009, 10:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Yes, I helped organize one / many
Yes, I marched / demonstrated
No

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2009, 08:12:31 AM
:rolleyes:
Point missed by a long way.

Wow you anti-hunt people have no sense of humor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2009, 08:08:09 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 20, 2009, 07:43:52 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2009, 06:56:15 AM
Yes. Anti-hunt stuff.
Thankfully hippy free.
:lol:

Bullshit.  The anti-hunt movement was a bunch of hippies, communists and assholes.

:yeahright:
I think I was there.
And since you're a communist and an emo kid, that proves my point.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

hmm...OK then. Since it took place in the north east I suppose it was full of communists (by N.American standards)
Better that than the hippys that are normal in such crap though.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2009, 08:20:49 AM
hmm...OK then. Since it took place in the north east I suppose it was full of communists (by N.American standards)
Better that than the hippys that are normal in such crap though.
Not really.  A communist is just another kind of hippy, snivelling about how the world has passed them by.

In a way, you're even worse than they are.  At least the hippy does things out of some misguided belief.  The reason you attack the hunts is to stick it to your betters, because of the way Thatcher ended your inefficient livelihoods in the 80s.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 19, 2009, 10:44:10 AM
Part of a sophisticated sociological analysis of languish. How many here bothered to show up at political rallies, demonstrations, protests, etc.

Include picketting during a strike. Include Gay Pride in Gay-unfriendly areas. Exclude national holidays / drinking excuses (i.e.: Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, etc.).
No.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 19, 2009, 08:40:00 PM
Only rally/march/demonstration that qualifies would've been the March for Gay Rights in 1993 in Washington DC.

Bet you fuckers never saw that one coming.
:hug:

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 20, 2009, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 20, 2009, 08:33:48 AM
No.

I thought you had gone to those big Radio X demonstrations ?
I did not attend the big march in Quebec city and Ottawa.  I wrote in blogs, forums, newspaper, to my MPs, but I did not walk.

I did attend some other events, but they were not political first & firemost, so that doesn't count.

While at university (the 1st time), I was asked, pressured really, to participate in a march in Ottawa about the (then) recent cuts in Federal transfers.  I managed to avoid it though.

I did participate in political meetings, but is it really qualified as a political rally?  I didn't think attending a conference with Parizeau was what you had in mind.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Only rally/march/demonstration that qualifies would've been the March for Gay Rights in 1993 in Washington DC.
Have fun being best friends with Martinus.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on May 20, 2009, 04:42:34 PM
Have fun being best friends with Martinus.

You must've missed my follow-up post.  Thanks to Martinus, my days of homotolerance are long gone.

DGuller

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

How can anyone be anti-hunt? I blame the gay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on May 20, 2009, 05:48:49 PM
How can anyone be anti-hunt? I blame the gay.
The hunters are dicks. They trounce around the country with no respect for property, knocking down fences and causing all sorts of bother.
The way they killed the foxes was very inhumane.
And in this particular demonstration there was a lot of extra support from their failure to control their dogs- they'd torn apart some kid's pet dog.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2009, 07:12:07 PM
The hunters are dicks. They trounce around the country with no respect for property, knocking down fences and causing all sorts of bother.
The way they killed the foxes was very inhumane.
And in this particular demonstration there was a lot of extra support from their failure to control their dogs- they'd torn apart some kid's pet dog.

Ah. So more "Hunters" than hunters.
Experience bij!