Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Started by Oexmelin, May 19, 2009, 10:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Yes, I helped organize one / many
Yes, I marched / demonstrated
No

Martinus

Quote from: Siege on May 19, 2009, 02:00:54 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2009, 01:53:59 PM
I marched in a feminist march this year (for pro-choice, sex education in schools etc.) with heavy presence by skinheads and neonazis opposing us.

Did you shit your pants?
Not really. In fact some of them were kinda hot.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2009, 01:27:57 PM
I might be channelling Neil, but any sensible person would want to be the person being protested against, rather than the protester.

:huh:

A sensible person should not protest because they hope one day to be someone against whom people protest?  Even Neil in full rhetorical flight doesnt say things as ridiculous as that.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2009, 02:06:02 PM
Quote from: Siege on May 19, 2009, 02:00:54 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2009, 01:53:59 PM
I marched in a feminist march this year (for pro-choice, sex education in schools etc.) with heavy presence by skinheads and neonazis opposing us.

Did you shit your pants?
Not really. In fact some of them were kinda hot.

Did you puke?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

charliebear

I almost did.  Remember several years back when there was a big hullaballu over illegal immigrants paying taxes?
My next door neighbor heard there was a bus headed to Washington leaving from Detroit to protest.  She wanted to make signs that read "Pay our tax or get your ass back" referencing the illegal Mexicans in our area.  I was thankful I decided not to go when I heard on the news that night that the bus ride was intended for the illegals to make their voices hear.

That was a close call.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on May 19, 2009, 01:27:36 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2009, 11:36:13 AM
Never voluntarily.

Attending the anti-racist rallies was compulsory in high school, and until I decided that I would face the consequences of non-attendance, I stood in a few of them.

Compulsory demonstration attendance? What sort of Orwellian crap was that?  :lol:

I keep telling you guys, but no one listens.

That country is rotten to the core.

Slargos

About 20 years ago, one of the mudpeople (somali, I think; I forget) murdered his ex and her friend in my hometown.

Instead of acting like any sensible father would and hang the nigger in the nearest tree, her father started an "anti-racist" movement in order to "further understanding".

This started years of suffering on the behalf of everyone who doesn't want to repay murder with hugs and cookies.

The annual gathering of blithering idiots on the town square was so pitiful that they decided to start forcing all students in the city to participate in order to flesh the crowd out.

Thus awoke my deep hatred of all things african.

No offense, Garbo. You're technically American after all. :p

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2009, 05:24:42 PM
No offense, Garbo. You're technically American after all. :p
Actually, the one drop rule ensures that he remains an African through and through.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 19, 2009, 07:03:27 PM
Actually, the one drop rule ensures that he remains an African through and through.

Africa has taken over America! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've demostrated many things.  For instance I'm demonstrated how to fix a flat tire or open a type of file on Windows.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Day I flew into Milan there was a big Commie demonstration, with a big Fascist counter-demonstration.  Wandering around, listening to bad Euro-rock made me realize that Italians are teh evil.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Only rally/march/demonstration that qualifies would've been the March for Gay Rights in 1993 in Washington DC.

Bet you fuckers never saw that one coming.

katmai

Well single in late 30's and has multiple cats, so yeah kinda saw it coming.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 19, 2009, 08:41:33 PM

:lol: :P Fuck you.  I was invited.  Punch was served!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on May 19, 2009, 08:41:33 PM

:face: Owned!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point