Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Started by Oexmelin, May 19, 2009, 10:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Yes, I helped organize one / many
Yes, I marched / demonstrated
No

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 19, 2009, 08:40:00 PM
Only rally/march/demonstration that qualifies would've been the March for Gay Rights in 1993 in Washington DC.

Bet you fuckers never saw that one coming.

Actually I'm not at all surprised.  :)

You joined arms swinging with yours truly in some EUOT thread. We faced off against some Balkantards.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on May 19, 2009, 09:01:01 PMActually I'm not at all surprised.  :)

You joined arms swinging with yours truly in some EUOT thread. We faced off against some Balkantards.

It actually took knowing obnoxiously militant fags like Martinus to make me hate gays.  Funny how that works.

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 19, 2009, 09:38:28 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on May 19, 2009, 09:01:01 PMActually I'm not at all surprised.  :)

It actually took knowing obnoxiously militant fags like Martinus to make me hate gays.  Funny how that works.

Aye.

But there's always Sheilbh to act as the Anti-Martinus.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DontSayBanana

Closest I've come is working in the MDA Telethon a few times (ended up getting me one job- my boss used to work with a Goodwill Ambassador from Hawaii, while my SO's father is one of the ones in NJ).
Experience bij!

Alatriste

Yes, I have. Not that often, tough... I would never dream of demonstrating every May 1st, for example. But perhaps once every five-six years there is some demonstration that deserves massive support.

Strike picketting is completely different, IMHO. It's too close to intimidation for my taste.

Delirium

I used to do the May 1st red demonstrations, but I grew up.

Just last week I marched with my fiancée with the teachers unions to protest against the cutbacks in the city's school budget. That's different.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Josquius

Yes. Anti-hunt stuff.
Thankfully hippy free.

At anything above a local level I find such things rather pointless and they do tend to be full of idiots, i.e. all this stop the war crap.
Also of course my ability to be involved in such is nigh on non-existant even if I had the inclination. Tends to happen in London.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Legbiter on May 19, 2009, 10:09:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 19, 2009, 09:38:28 PM

Aye.

But there's always Sheilbh to act as the Anti-Martinus.  :lol:
Let's not forget his Limey brother TopCat.
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2009, 06:56:15 AM
Yes. Anti-hunt stuff.

:mad:

I have never participated in a demonstration, though I have gone to gay rights/marriage events and parades and cheered on the folks participating.  Princesca has actually participated in some, as well as (when she was in college) pro-life, pro-Phil Gramm rallies. :x  Thankfully, she's changed since then.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Yes. Anti-hunt stuff.
Thankfully hippy free.
:lol:

Bullshit.  The anti-hunt movement was a bunch of hippies, communists and assholes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

Yes. Anti-hunt stuff.
Thankfully hippy free.

You Brits are so goofy with your anti hunting stance.  I bet it built up an appetite for some tasty kebabs after.

The Larch

Josquius

Quote from: Neil on May 20, 2009, 07:43:52 AM
Yes. Anti-hunt stuff.
Thankfully hippy free.

Bullshit.  The anti-hunt movement was a bunch of hippies, communists and assholes.

:yeahright:
I think I was there.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2009, 08:08:09 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 20, 2009, 07:43:52 AM
Yes. Anti-hunt stuff.
Thankfully hippy free.

:yeahright:
I think I was there.

So are you a Communist, Hippie, or an Asshole?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2009, 08:11:31 AM

So are you a Communist, Hippie, or an Asshole?
:rolleyes:
Point missed by a long way.
██████
██████
██████