Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Started by Oexmelin, May 19, 2009, 10:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Yes, I helped organize one / many
Yes, I marched / demonstrated
No

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

It might come as a surprise to some to learn that I have indeed both organized and participated in demonstrations but not in the last 20 years or so.

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2009, 11:36:13 AM
Never voluntarily.

Attending the anti-racist rallies was compulsory in high school, and until I decided that I would face the consequences of non-attendance, I stood in a few of them.

Compulsory demonstration attendance? What sort of Orwellian crap was that?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Viking

I might be channelling Neil, but any sensible person would want to be the person being protested against, rather than the protester.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2009, 01:27:57 PM
I might be channelling Neil, but any sensible person would want to be the person being protested against, rather than the protester.

Agreed.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Pedrito

No, never.

Because I am one of those the demonstrations usually are organized against  :bowler: :hide:  :whistle:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Viking

Quote from: Siege on May 19, 2009, 01:29:43 PM

Agreed.

Unless you show up to meet girls... :contract:

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

I also find the mandatory middle school demonstrations very peculiar.

You guys should have formed a students union to protect your right not to demonstrate.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2009, 01:33:18 PM

Agreed.

Do you really want to meet the kind of girls that go to demostrations?

Savonarola

Despite his fly bitches, mountain of pilfered loot and pimped out Escalade; I'd rather be one of the malcontents protesting Kwame Kilpatrick.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

crazy canuck

Quote from: Siege on May 19, 2009, 01:35:07 PM

The kinds of girls that go to these things must have changed in the last 20 years.  If they havent then I guess its that you dont like sex.

Viking

Quote from: Siege on May 19, 2009, 01:35:07 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2009, 01:33:18 PM

Agreed.

Yes, merely agreeing with them gets you half way into their panties unless somebody else is already there.

Martinus

I haven't been to a Gay Pride in Poland yet, but going this year. However, I marched in a feminist march this year (for pro-choice, sex education in schools etc.) with heavy presence by skinheads and neonazis opposing us, and even got caught on TV, so the answer is yes. :)

Martinus

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2009, 01:53:59 PM
I marched in a feminist march this year (for pro-choice, sex education in schools etc.) with heavy presence by skinheads and neonazis opposing us.

Did you shit your pants?