Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Started by Oexmelin, May 19, 2009, 10:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever participated in a demonstration ?

Yes, I helped organize one / many
Yes, I marched / demonstrated
No

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2009, 11:08:23 AM
No. In fact, when our whole school protested against the 1991 Iraq War I (and two others) refused to go (being 14 at the time). My teacher was less than thrilled.

He didn't like the fact there were three warmongering fascists in his class?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

No. In fact, when our whole school protested against the 1991 Iraq War I (and two others) refused to go (being 14 at the time). My teacher was less than thrilled.

Good lad.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2009, 11:12:14 AM

He didn't like the fact there were three warmongering fascists in his class?

She was a pinko feminazi (after an unhappy marriage). She lived together with another divorced female teacher of our school on a former farm where  atravelling circus would come to spend the winter. But she didn't at all like to comment on her driving a Porsche 944.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 19, 2009, 10:44:10 AM
Part of a sophisticated sociological analysis of languish. How many here bothered to show up at political rallies, demonstrations, protests, etc.

Include picketting during a strike. Include Gay Pride in Gay-unfriendly areas. Exclude national holidays / drinking excuses (i.e.: Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, etc.).

I've been at rallies.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Syt

Quote from: Siege on May 19, 2009, 11:21:02 AM
Part of a sophisticated sociological analysis of languish. How many here bothered to show up at political rallies, demonstrations, protests, etc.

Include picketting during a strike. Include Gay Pride in Gay-unfriendly areas. Exclude national holidays / drinking excuses (i.e.: Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, etc.).

I've been at rallies.

... shooting protestors?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2009, 11:22:19 AM
Quote from: Siege on May 19, 2009, 11:21:02 AM

I've been at rallies.

... shooting protestors?

They were throwing rocks!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Slargos

Never voluntarily.

Attending the anti-racist rallies was compulsory in high school, and until I decided that I would face the consequences of non-attendance, I stood in a few of them.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

frunk

A few, in college.  There was this cute girl...

The Brain

In 7th or 8th grade we once essentially got the afternoon off to go to a rally. The rally was retarded and I knew it.

Never entirely voluntarily or in adult life.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2009, 11:36:13 AM
Attending the anti-racist rallies was compulsory in high school

School required demonstrations?  What sort of lame crap is that?

You are supposed to demonstrate to fight the man, yet here is a perverse world where you DON'T demonstrate in order to fight the man.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DisturbedPervert

No.  But saw leftist in college protesting countless times.  Sometimes would throw their fliers at them.  Was especially fun with the group that was pretending to be jailed Palestinians.

Neil

Of course not.  Protests are for subhumans.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Kaeso

Yes, I had an helmet, a shield and a baton  :Embarrass: