Good
35 (89.7%)
Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on January 11, 2013, 02:44:26 PM
Plus you only need four colors and the map has eight.

you only need four colours with contiguous land masses, with discontiguous land masses you can have a situation where 10 countries all border each other.

In this case at least 6 countries all border the other five france, italy, belgium, germany and britain. Portugal borders all of those except italy. The last one, spain, borders france, britain and germany on the map and portugal off it. In this case you need seven as you can give the same colour to italy and spain and with the exception of portugal the remaining countries on the map all border each other.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

I look forward to the eventual French surrender.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on January 11, 2013, 09:41:55 PM
I look forward to the eventual French surrender.

The French do 'desert' warfare rather well.

Besides I predict Shelf will thoroughly approve of this.   :bowler:

Interestingly Channel4 news here has a correspondent who's covered this two or three times and it's worth catching her reports; it seems a rather strange situation on the ground, almost a complete political vacuum until now. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on January 11, 2013, 10:34:34 PM
Besides I predict Shelf will thoroughly approve of this.   :bowler:
Who doesn't approve of France being France? :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

All you redneck French haters can go suck of some fucking Freedom Fries, you fucks.

They're taking the fight to filthy Afro-Islamotards, and there ain't nothing wrong with that.

:frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog:

katmai

For once i agree with Seedy on the French problem.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Sarko isn't in charge any more, so you can stop the pro-French BS.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2013, 11:04:57 PM
Sarko isn't in charge any more, so you can stop the pro-French BS.

I've been pro-French since the Bourbons, bitch.

Razgovory

What's wrong with the French doing this anyway?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 11, 2013, 11:20:04 PM
What's wrong with the French doing this anyway?

They're free to do pretty much what they want in that region for all I care.  I just wouldn't support the venture if I were French. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

I'm just kidding anyway.  Now that they're no longer run by that big nosed piece of shit de Gaulle, the French are ok.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Agelastus on January 11, 2013, 02:57:57 PM

Edit: Oh, and apparently the Cabinda enclave was independent as well.

Apparantly, so was Lake Victoria.

11B4V

so, this was done with a coalition of the willing?

and to boot you put up a link from a subscription sight.  :moon:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".