Good or Bad?

Good
35 (89.7%)
Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

The Brain

Apparently all the rich people in Mali are fleeing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on January 11, 2013, 03:02:32 PM

What, both of them?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Kleves

So when are the global protests scheduled?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Phillip V

Quote from: Malthus on January 11, 2013, 03:04:10 PM

Hollande said one of the intervention reasons was the presence of 6,000 French citizens in Mali.

The Brain

Quote from: Phillip V on January 11, 2013, 03:09:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 11, 2013, 03:04:10 PM

Hollande said one of the intervention reasons was the presence of 6,000 French citizens in Mali.

They thought they were safe from 75% tax. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote from: Kleves on January 11, 2013, 03:05:37 PM
Why do you think people should protest? This seems similar to the US mission in Uganda to find and kill the Lord's Resistance Army. I can't remember any protests against that.

Phillip V

TIME reports that "there is a fear in France that a radical Islamist Mali threatens France most of all — since most of the Islamists are French speakers and many have relatives in France."

http://world.time.com/2013/01/11/the-crisis-in-mali-will-french-intervention-stop-the-islamist-advance/

derspiess

And they probably thought it was a smart idea to teach French to Isliamists :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Kleves on January 11, 2013, 03:05:37 PM

When have there ever been global protests about intervention in Africa?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

This will be France's Waterloo.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

Sometimes the jokes write themselves  :moon:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller