11 (19.3%)
Katherine Janeway/Chakotay
6 (10.5%)
Jonathan Archer/T'Pol
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on January 10, 2013, 03:16:24 PM
A lot of those Klingon High Council ones were lame. To me, STNG succeeded in telling good sci fi stories....off the top of my head:

The one when Beverley was left alone in the shrinking Enterprise

The one when Picard spent an entire lifetime on a planet.

Just two examples of some of the ones I liked. I liked the Holodeck ones as diversions and all the Borg ones as well.
The one with Dr. Crusher was one of my all-time favorites.  They took a character that is generally supporting, and moved her front and centre for a story, and it really worked rather well.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I think TNG had its best run from seasons 3 through 5, with some great ones in 6/7, but I found the last two seasons were a bit heavy on the Worf soap opera and Data Pinocchio arc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

When Netflix Canada first started showing TNG I started trying to watch in order.

But season one is pretty... blah...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Season One, seemed to carry over the same campy feeling from the original. As Syt, said it probably took around two seasons to really get going, although it had that abberation when the annoying doctor took over for Crusher.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tonitrus

Quote from: Josephus on January 10, 2013, 05:30:44 PM
Season One, seemed to carry over the same campy feeling from the original. As Syt, said it probably took around two seasons to really get going, although it had that abberation when the annoying doctor took over for Crusher.

I think Dr Pulaski was a better character than Dr. Crusher...mostly only lacking in not being a MILFy redhead.

Though the one-episode Caliga-approved Vulcan from Season-two's "The Schizoid Man" should have been made a regular.  The same actress later played Worf's on-off love interest, but she made a HOTTer Vulcan.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 10, 2013, 05:44:15 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 10, 2013, 05:30:44 PM

I think Dr Pulaski was a better character than Dr. Crusher...mostly only lacking in not being a MILFy redhead.

Though the one-episode Caliga-approved Vulcan from Season-two's "The Schizoid Man" should have been made a regular.  The same actress later played Worf's on-off love interest, but she made a HOTTer Vulcan.

I agree.  Dr. Pulaski was a more interesting character than Dr. Crusher.  Crusher was very... blah.  No real interesting personality to her.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Fuck Dr. Pulaski.

So what if she was on TOS once;  still had flashbacks to LA Law when she fucked over Leland.  Her falling down that elevator shaft was the best thing to save that firm from her vile ways.

Josephus

Hated Pulaski. Yeah, some of it was that she wasn't hot like Crusher....no, all of it was. And the way she said Data. Come on, if you were gonna have a physical, whom would you pick to check your gonads?

Seriously, as a character? I don't even remember anything about her.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

dps

Quote from: Josephus on January 10, 2013, 06:44:39 PM
Hated Pulaski. Yeah, some of it was that she wasn't hot like Crusher....no, all of it was. And the way she said Data. Come on, if you were gonna have a physical, whom would you pick to check your gonads?

Seriously, as a character? I don't even remember anything about her.

Pulaski was, essentially, an attempt by TNG to have a female version of McCoy aboard.  The biggest difference between the two, other than the gender, was that while McCoy's occasional anti-Vulcan commments usually came off mostly as friendly needling of Spock, Pulaski's comments to Date pretty much came off as mean-spirited and bigoted.

Of course Dr. Pulaski was a more interesting character than Dr. Crusher, because Pulaski actually had character traits--the writers generally had 2 things things they wanted Crusher to do--to provide medical-themed plot expostition and to be a MILF.  Neither of those are actual character traits.  OTOH, most of Pulaski's character traits were traits that made a lot of people dislike her, and it mght be sexist, but I'm totally OK with having a hot mom on board the Enterprise.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on January 10, 2013, 08:28:05 PM
OTOH, most of Pulaski's character traits were traits that made a lot of people dislike her, and it mght be sexist, but I'm totally OK with having a hot mom on board the Enterprise.

It's been a long while since I paid attention to the season she was on, but I thought when she was introduced she was going to be a romantic tension device for Picard, what with being more his "equal" than Crusher was--not just in age, but in capability.

Crusher was just window dressing.   She annoyed me more than Troi.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2013, 08:34:47 PM
Quote from: dps on January 10, 2013, 08:28:05 PM
OTOH, most of Pulaski's character traits were traits that made a lot of people dislike her, and it mght be sexist, but I'm totally OK with having a hot mom on board the Enterprise.

It's been a long while since I paid attention to the season she was on, but I thought when she was introduced she was going to be a romantic tension device for Picard, what with being more his "equal" than Crusher was--not just in age, but in capability.

Crusher was just window dressing.   She annoyed me more than Troi.

Crusher didn't annoy me because she was just window dressing.  Troi always had to open her mouth and state the obvious as if it was some sort of deep insight.

Caliga

If only she had opened her blouse instead.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

If I was on that ship, I'd be sending her naughty vibes about anally violating her every time we passed in the hallway.

Then again, Troi's mom would've thought that was cute.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2013, 10:23:32 PM
If I was on that ship, I'd be sending her naughty vibes about anally violating her every time we passed in the hallway.

Then again, Troi's mom would've thought that was cute.

The bad part is, Troi's mom would have thought those vibes were directed at her, and wanted you to follow through on them.

Tamas

Quote from: dps on January 10, 2013, 08:54:04 PM
Troi always had to open her mouth and state the obvious as if it was some sort of deep insight.

:lol: that was horrible. As if they thought the nerds watching wouldn't be able to decipher the most basic emotions and intents