News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best anime in 2012

Started by Monoriu, January 03, 2013, 04:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on January 03, 2013, 09:02:07 AM
I think Seedy/Ed would enjoy Angel Core - sex with underage girls in pseudo-Nazi uniforms.

:hmm: What's the back story on the uniforms?

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on January 03, 2013, 06:29:23 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2013, 06:15:31 AM
despite it being the big thing with kids these days I've never actually seen an episode  of one piece.
fairy tail I tried  to watch way back when and found it meh.

Both One Piece and Fairy Tail are long-term shows.  One Piece has 578 episodes, 3 OVAs, 6 TV specials and 12 films.  Fairy Tail has 162 episodes, 5 OVA/specials and 1 film.  It is necessary to watch a large number of episodes to really get into these shows.  Watch the first 10 episodes of One Piece and it is probably meh.  Watch 100 episodes and be prepared to be hooked.

If it takes 100 episodes to force yourself to get into it then that doesn't seem to be a particularly good show :p

DragonballZ I remember got me hooked after just a few episodes. I was absolutely crazy about pokemon after the first few eps.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

I think Seedy/Ed would enjoy Angel Core - sex with underage girls in pseudo-Nazi uniforms.
Sounds very German.
PDH!

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 03, 2013, 09:20:41 AM

:hmm: What's the back story on the uniforms?

No idea, haven't watched it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7056

QuoteThis first entry in the Angel Core series follows a young soldier (fighting for a fictional, futuristic empire) as he's transferred to a secret military installation, where's he surprised to discover that his new job will be having sex with gorgeous young "Angels," a group of genetically unique women who need regular intercourse to nurture their powers.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Agelastus on January 03, 2013, 07:52:24 AM
"Girls Und Panzer" is very enjoyable; I have no issues with recommending it. It may be silly in many respects, but it's the addictive kind of sillyness. Watch it if only to marvel at the reveal in the first episode of just exactly where their School is! :lmfao:

:blink: :lmfao:

I watched the first episode - so it' basically the usual "high school sports team" plot, only that the sports is the "traditional female martial art of Panzerfahren"? Also, what's with the random German words in the subtitles?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Ilsa She-Wolf of the SS needs to seriously strap-on those school girls.  Now THAT'S a motif I could support.

Lettow77

Quote from: Syt on January 03, 2013, 01:27:58 PM

I watched the first episode - so it' basically the usual "high school sports team" plot, only that the sports is the "traditional female martial art of Panzerfahren"? Also, what's with the random German words in the subtitles?

You are using commie subs. Why'd you do that? Use hiryuu instead. From episode 2 onwards commie added a NO FUN ALLOWED track that disables the gratuitous german, but it was just awful.

Speaking of just awful, GIRLS UND PANZER has a very generic first episode that really belies how excellent it will be in the future. In particular, the teams of other countries are always good fun, and the matches themselves don't come in until around episode three.

the only New anime series I've seen  this year was shirokuma cafe.which despite being aimed at girls was  actually rather funny

Polarbear cafe is charming, and more laid back than it is funny. The premise is simple- customers regularly go into a cafe, except the customers are largely animals, and the owner is a polar bear. It suffers from somewhat bad comedic timing, and suffers extremely from being too long- it was a fine 24 episode anime that was signed on for 50 episodes.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 03, 2013, 04:40:48 AM
the arbiter of good taste pertaining to anime.

This is akin to Caliga's claim to be the Zagat's of gas station bistros, or garbon dispensing advice on the best ersatz "champagnes".
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 03, 2013, 02:18:45 PMYou are using commie subs. Why'd you do that?

It's what's being streamed over at http://www.goodanime.net/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Lettow77

goodness gracious, you stream? It isn't that languish has nobody who watches anime; it is that they don't know what to watch, or how to watch it.

Get good sub groups in good video quality, and stop streaming 480p slave race from embarrassing websites

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 03, 2013, 02:33:10 PM
ペラペラペラ

then there's this guy, who doesn't even WANT to be the little girl.

Syt

To check out a series or watch it casually, yes. If I really like a show I may download it, but it's been a while since I felt that way (Ergo Proxy was the last one, and Legend of Galactic Heroes before that).

And I don't care if this offends your pseudo-snobbish sensibilities.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Lettow77

No no, far be it from me to stop you. Stick it to the elitists and watch shows in inferior quality, with horrible subtitles that bear passing resemblance to the spoken content, with interruptions.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2013, 10:23:43 AM
If it takes 100 episodes to force yourself to get into it then that doesn't seem to be a particularly good show :p

There's too much stuff out there to sit around and force yourself to watch a third episode of a show you're not enjoying, let alone a hundredth. I think Mono needs Netflix.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 03, 2013, 03:34:53 PM
goodness gracious, you stream? It isn't that languish has nobody who watches anime; it is that they don't know what to watch, or how to watch it.

Get good sub groups in good video quality, and stop streaming 480p slave race from embarrassing websites

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 03, 2013, 02:33:10 PM
ペラペラペラ

For many animes dodgy streaming sites are the only way to find them.
I'm currently watching an old show called Black Heaven which was a pain to find episodes for.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 03, 2013, 03:34:53 PM

Little girls rarely get to drink any decent armagnac.
I don't see the percentage in it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson