News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ray Lewis to retire.

Started by Sophie Scholl, January 02, 2013, 04:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I have enough to go around.

You are a disgrace to ex-law enforcement everywhere Seedy. Just because the man can play football good for YOUR team doesn't mean you should idolize him, despite being someone at least partially responsible for two murders.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 03, 2013, 12:45:39 PM
You are a disgrace to ex-law enforcement everywhere Seedy. Just because the man can play football good for YOUR team doesn't mean you should idolize him, despite being someone at least partially responsible for two murders.

He had his day in court, kitty cat.

And all my idols are dead.

Neil

You're a disgrace to white people everywhere, thinking a man is guilty just because of the colour of his skin.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

What did he do?

... or should I say, what was he alleged to have done?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on January 03, 2013, 01:56:46 PM
What did he do?

He may or may not have seen somebody get knifed, wouldn't talk to the cops about it, so they charged him with obstruction.

Berkut seems to think he pulled an OJ and slashed the guy's throat himself.

HVC

Killing those two people was bad, but turning snitch was worse. Man has no honour <_<

Please don't ban me seedy :hug:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

:lol:  Snitches is bitches, but to paraphase Chris Rock, "You want to look honorable in jail? I'd rather look dishonorable at the mall."

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 12:47:38 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 03, 2013, 12:45:39 PM

He had his day in court, kitty cat.

And all my idols are dead.

OJ had his day in court, do you slobber all over him?

He had his day in court, and the justice system is imperfect - that doesn't mean you have to pretend like it never happened.

He got away with killing two people, or covering up for others who killed two people. That is undeniable, no matter how many SuperBowl MVPs he has, or how many all star games he plays in.

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Save the moralism for your kids.

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on January 03, 2013, 01:56:46 PM
What did he do?

Quote from: wikiFollowing a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and eleven days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged that the bloodstained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[36]

Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, the Fulton County District Attorney, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting, and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted that he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender

Basically him and his crew were out partying, got in an argument, and someone pulled out knives and stabbed two men to death.

Best case scenario is he actively covered up for his friends murders, worst case he had a hand in it himself.

But the case was a mess from the start, with eyewitnesses recanting testimony, nobody really willing to step up (least of all St. Ray), so there are two men still dead, and nobody behind bars for the crime.

The Atlanta PD consider the case closed - they arrested and charged those they felt were responsible, but they got off.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 02:31:14 PM

You need it a lot more than they do - so does everyone else falling all over themselves to anoint Lewis as some kind of saint or role model because he tackles real good, and has excellent lawyers.

0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

I thought one of his posse took the fall.

But I also thought it was a shooting, so I'm clearly not one to be trusted on this.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 03, 2013, 02:35:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 02:31:14 PM

You need it a lot more than they do - so does everyone else falling all over themselves to anoint Lewis as some kind of saint or role model because he tackles real good, and has excellent lawyers.

I consider him neither a saint nor a role model, but a linebacker.  So ascribe your usual moralistic frothiness to somebody else for a fucking change, fuckhead.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 03, 2013, 02:35:37 PM

The two knuckleheads charged with murdering the other knucklehead were acquitted, IIRC.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 03, 2013, 02:35:37 PM

But I also thought it was a shooting, so I'm clearly not one to be trusted on this.

He agreed to testify against his two buds, but the extent of his testimony was to admit that he lied to the police the night of the murders, since at the time he claimed they were not even with him.

So it's not like he actually "snitched". It was all a nicely orchestrated game - the DA knew they had no case since nobody would testify and they had gotten rid of the physical evidence.

But the facts are pretty clear - those two men are dead, the only people who could have possibly done it were Lewis and his friends. So either Lewis was actively involved, or he actively covered it up for those who were. One of those deals were justice won't ever be served, because there is enough doubt about which of the men actually did the stabbing that none of them can be convicted for the crime.

But that is all water under the bridge. Murders go unsolved all the time.

What is pathetic is how people are now holding Lewis up as some kind of role model/saint/great guy. He is not a great guy, no matter how many tackles he averaged. He is a man who is at best an accomplice to two first degree murders. No number of sacks ought to change that, but hey, go Ravens. If he was not a great linebacker for the Ravens, Seedy would be agreeing with me.

0 rows returned