The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2013, 12:31:25 PM
Quote from: merithyn on February 04, 2013, 12:28:52 PM
Never seen it, and probably never will since I can't stand Adam Sandler.

I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

:D

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2013, 12:42:16 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 04, 2013, 12:37:45 PM
Wait a minute Seedy:  The NFL Network?  That's the worst play-by-play team in history.  They make Gumbel and Dierdorff look like Madden and Michaels.

For the games they covered, I felt they did remarkable well for such shitty match ups this season.

And at least on the NFL Network, you're not buffeted into unconsciousness by CBS promos for CBS programming.  Jesus fucking Christ, as much as I want to spank the hell out of the brunette from "Two Broke Girls", even I can get promo overload.
Mike Mayock is the worst.  Still, that's the problem with all the networks.  None of them have any good shows, but they're going to promote the shit out of them anyways.  NBC might have the best broadcast in football, but the Voice is both overexposed and retarded.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on February 04, 2013, 01:02:10 PM
I was very suprised by the play calling down there. They kept calling plays where all the options were to the right, and the Ravens compressed the right side of the field each time.

I would think a single counter play (whether run or pass) to the left would have seen SOMEONE wide open.

Yeah, looked like the Ravens picked something up on the tape. There were a couple plays before that series where I noticed the Linebacker on the defensive right side being motioned to move more to the defensive left and every time they motioned him over the play went to the side they were stacking the defense up.

Admiral Yi

Agree about the terrible play calling.  On that Crabtree miss I think they had 3 recievers on the right side then Humperdink rolled right.  That's like 40 guys fighting for 12 square yards of real estate. 

Just run your crappy option read college play 3 times.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2013, 02:02:33 PM
Just run your crappy option read college play 3 times.

That's the problem with running the read option in the pros;  the read option relies not just on who has the ball and selling the defense on who doesn't, but it also requires space, and a defense that's spread out to contain, and the Ravens seemed intent on stacking the box that close to the goal.  But hell, even getting 3 yards a down could've worked them into a position of sending Gore over the top of the pile, or Kapernicus on a QB sneak.

I think running pitch options wide and working the sidelines in that situation really would've worked, especially with the speed the Niners have, and the Ravens' lack of it in the front seven.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on February 04, 2013, 12:32:48 PM
If I want to watch an idiot be an idiot, I can watch my teenagers pretending to be adults. It's not funny to me; just really pathetic. :P

Amen.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I'm no fan of Mr Sandler's oeuvre, but I found Happy Gilmore hilarious.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2013, 02:09:11 PM
I think running pitch options wide and working the sidelines in that situation really would've worked, especially with the speed the Niners have, and the Ravens' lack of it in the front seven.

I don't see how a pitch works when you have 10 defenders playing basically on the line.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2013, 02:30:43 PM

I don't see how a pitch works when you have 10 defenders playing basically on the line.

Stretch em out;  have to rely on the WRs to do their part blocking up, but I think the Niners could've turned the corners on the Ravens.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2013, 02:39:53 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2013, 02:30:43 PM

Stretch em out;  have to rely on the WRs to do their part blocking up, but I think the Niners could've turned the corners on the Ravens.

Would that include counting on Moss to do some blocking?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 04, 2013, 02:46:54 PM
Would that include counting on Moss to do some blocking?

:D  I'm Jim Harbaugh would have the presence of mind to run the play to the other side of the field.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on February 04, 2013, 03:39:30 PM
Seedy's posting from his iPad again :D
A damned shame.  Apple products are for gays.  Also, what business does a guy who still uses a typewriter have with a tablet anyways?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

You have any idea how difficult it is to balance a typewriter on your thighs while you're taking a dump?

It's pretty goddamned difficult, I'll say that.