The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on February 04, 2013, 12:34:26 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2013, 12:27:16 AM
Jones should have been MVP

In a stunning development you are wrong again.
Random people on the internet agree with me!  :blurgh:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/04/jacoby-jones-has-a-record-night/

QuoteJacoby Jones has a record night
Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2013, 1:14 AM EST
350x-1 Getty Images

The Super Bowl MVP had 287 yards passing.  The guy who perhaps should have won the award finished with three more.

Receiver Jacoby Jones had a Super Bowl-record 290 combined yards, via 56 receiving yards and 234 return yards, including the longest play and longest kickoff return in Super Bowl history (108 yards).

The fact that Jones had only 56 yards from scrimmage likely made it harder to win the MVP.  Then again, in Super Bowl XXXI Desmond Howard became the MVP with zero yards from scrimmage and 244 return yards, two fewer yards that Brett Favre generated through the air in that game.

So, yeah, maybe Jones should have been the MVP.  Cast your vote below.

Thank you for voting!

Jacoby Jones.  56.58%  (7,292 votes) 
Joe Flacco.  37.29%  (4,806 votes) 
Someone else.  6.12%  (789 votes) 

Total Votes: 12,887
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 04, 2013, 10:36:49 AM
Which is aside from the fact that individual Steeler fans seem to regard the six rings thing as a personal achievement.  Can't get my mind around that one.

Yins.   :rolleyes:

And I always thought it interesting how everybody in the world except people in Pittsburgh have known for years how much Terry Bradshaw actually hates Pittsburgh.

CountDeMoney

And I really wish the NFL Network would take all coverage of the AFC away from CBS.  Talk about two networks light years apart in competence, talent and overall quality.

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2013, 10:41:00 AM

Like you, random people on the internet are easily distracted by shiny things.  That kick return was an awesome feat, but the person most responsible for winning the game was Flacco.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2013, 10:42:49 AM
And I really wish the NFL Network would take all coverage of the AFC away from CBS.  Talk about two networks light years apart in competence, talent and overall quality.
Well, nobody is NBC.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Hey Seedy, callers on ESPN Radio are saying the refs were making sure the NFL's favorite team won the game by missing calls on the last 49ers drive. :D

Valmy

I was apalled Jim Nantz seemed to be so uninformed about the rules for Safeties.  I mean this guy has called hundreds of football games right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2013, 10:57:15 AM

I was apalled Jim Nantz seemed to be so uninformed about the rules for Safeties.  I mean this guy has called hundreds of football games right?

I was at a bar and couldn't hear, what did he say?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on February 04, 2013, 10:50:52 AM
Well, nobody is NBC.

People say that NBC has the best production value because they only have one game a week to worry about, but I remember when NBC had the AFC from the 70s through most of the 90s, and even back then, they were head and shoulders above CBS at the time, who had the NFC.

I miss an NBC covered AFC. :(

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on February 04, 2013, 10:56:59 AM
Hey Seedy, callers on ESPN Radio are saying the refs were making sure the NFL's favorite team won the game by missing calls on the last 49ers drive. :D

El oh el.  Crabtree pushed off that miserable little loser like he always does and for some reason that should have been holding.  Whateva.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on February 04, 2013, 10:46:39 AM

Like you, random people on the internet are easily distracted by shiny things.  That kick return was an awesome feat, but the person most responsible for winning the game was Flacco.
I'm not that easily
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on February 04, 2013, 10:57:46 AM
I was at a bar and couldn't hear, what did he say?

Well for one he was unclear about what yardline the free kick would be on and did not seem to know they could either kick off or punt.  I was like 'really?' I mean those rules have been around forever.

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

El oh el.  Crabtree pushed off that miserable little loser like he always does and for some reason that should have been holding.  Whateva.

Technically according to the rules it was a penalty, he had a hold of him after 5 yards.  I think it was a good no call though.  The ball was un-catchable, Crabtree ran a lazy route and initiated contact, they didn't call that stuff all game, etc.

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2013, 10:58:46 AM
Quote from: derspiess on February 04, 2013, 10:46:39 AM

I'm not that easily

:D

CountDeMoney

Pfft.  Troll failed.  :P

Besides, when a wide receiver like Michael Irvin says it should've been flagged, and a defensive back Deion Sanders says it shouldn't have, then I know the decision not to throw the flag was correct.