The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 20, 2013, 10:16:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2013, 10:14:50 PM
Shannon Sharpe was right on the money calling Belichick out.

What did belichick do this time? Just acting like a bitch or what

Refused the post-game interview with CBS' SteveTasker.

At the very end of the post-game broadcast, Shannon said there's something to be said about being gracious in defeat: we've seen New England win plenty of these games, and Belichick had no problem doing them, nor the many coaches who've lost those games to NE and still did the stand-up thing by doing the post-game interview anyway. 
Said Bill Belichick does this after every big loss, and he makes it really easy to root against the New England Patriots sometimes.

Bravo, Shannon.

edit: hell, you saw it.  :P

CountDeMoney

I'm going to tune in to the local sports talk radio station, and listen to Ravens fans call in, saying how they're still not totally sold on Joe Flacco in the Big Game.

JOE DIDNT WIN THIS AS MUCH AS BRADY LOST IT
START TYROD TAYLOR AGAINST THE NINERS PLZ

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2013, 10:24:38 PM
I'm going to tune in to the local sports talk radio station, and listen to Ravens fans call in, saying how they're still not totally sold on Joe Flacco in the Big Game.

JOE DIDNT WIN THIS AS MUCH AS BRADY LOST IT
START TYROD TAYLOR AGAINST THE NINERS PLZ

:lol:  If my brother weren't backpacking down in Tennessee I'd have called him up tonight to give him shit. He never gives Flacco his due. Well, he did last week but other than that, never.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2013, 10:21:39 PM

At the very end of the post-game broadcast, Shannon said there's something to be said about being gracious in defeat: we've seen New England win plenty of these games, and Belichick had no problem doing them, nor the many coaches who've lost those games to NE and still did the stand-up thing by doing the post-game interview anyway. 
Said Bill Belichick does this after every big loss, and he makes it really easy to root against the New England Patriots sometimes.

Bravo, Shannon.

:D  I can dig a good transcript, too.

Count

I didn't stick around for the post game but I'm just impressed you were able to understand Sharpe when he attempted to speak. It's like Mr. Ed if Mr. Ed couldn't talk.
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 20, 2013, 10:26:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2013, 10:21:39 PM

Bravo, Shannon.

:D  I can dig a good transcript, too.

I missed it.  Had to conjure up some food for an almost 5-year old who was "full" after three bites of dinner but decided he was hungry right before bedtime.

Anyway, good to hear someone saying what needed to be said.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Count on January 20, 2013, 10:28:57 PM
I didn't stick around for the post game but I'm just impressed you were able to understand Sharpe when he attempted to speak. It's like Mr. Ed if Mr. Ed couldn't talk.

Now, now, let's not get all Southie negro-hating.  It's unbecoming.

PDH

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 20, 2013, 10:21:28 PM

I disagree.  Someone who happened to go to the educational institution that a team played for is no more or less entitled to use "we" than someone who grew up in the geographic area of a pro team.

Screw that.  Too many sunshine soldiers and summer patriots to allow that.  When you suffer through classes at 8am when hungover AND wondering where your underwear is after last night, all the while with half a sunburned face from the low sun on that October saturday...then you are both a student and a fan.

There is something special about the university experience.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2013, 10:14:50 PM
Shannon Sharpe was right on the money calling Belichick out.
No shit.  That's staying on my DVR.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Terrell SuggsThat's funny, ever since SpyGate they haven't been able to win.

Quote from: SuggsThese are the most arrogant pricks in the world starting with Belichick on down.

Quote from: SuggsTell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant Fuckers.

PDH

The best thing about Tom Brady losing is Tom Brady lost.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 20, 2013, 10:34:34 PM
Quote from: Terrell SuggsThat's funny, ever since SpyGate they haven't been able to win.

Quote from: SuggsThese are the most arrogant pricks in the world starting with Belichick on down.

Quote from: SuggsTell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant Fuckers.
:lol:

Not classy, but fuck the Patriots.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Count

I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years