The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

MadBurgerMaker

jimmy olsen

Good game Ravens, hope you get murdered by the 49ers in two weeks.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Man, that was the best thing I've ever seen.  Remember, I wasn't watching the NFL back in 2000.

Superbowl!
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I :wub: Brady bitchface. I hope he punches Giselle in the stomach.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

We'll see.  Either way, this is the way the Superbowl is meant to be:  Two great teams battling it out for everything.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Shannon Sharpe was right on the money calling Belichick out.

PDH

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 20, 2013, 09:24:40 PM
No. Sports are about the collective community experience. If it wasn't, I wouldn't watch it.

Bullshit.  The communitas of sports is about fans becoming equal, not about fans becoming one with the players.  You can high five the guy you never met in the stands and scream and shout even as the guy behind you who is no longer an asshole shouts too, but you can't run on the field without a 250 lb cop jumping you and beating your calves with a billy club.

You can say "we" about the college team from the university you are an alumni of, you can't about a sports team.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2013, 10:14:50 PM

My wife and I got so excited about that we rewound the program to hear it again.

MadBurgerMaker

What did belichick do this time? Just acting like a bitch or what

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 20, 2013, 10:16:48 PM

What did belichick do this time? Just acting like a bitch or what

He refused the CBS post-game interview and sent some poor, hapless DL out instead.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 20, 2013, 10:18:54 PM
He refused the CBS post-game interview and sent some poor, hapless DL out instead.

:lol: My wife just rewound it when I mentioned Sharpe calling him out.  What a douche.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: PDH on January 20, 2013, 10:16:05 PM
Bullshit.  The communitas of sports is about fans becoming equal, not about fans becoming one with the players.  You can high five the guy you never met in the stands and scream and shout even as the guy behind you who is no longer an asshole shouts too, but you can't run on the field without a 250 lb cop jumping you and beating your calves with a billy club.

You can say "we" about the college team from the university you are an alumni of, you can't about a sports team.

I disagree.  Someone who happened to go to the educational institution that a team played for is no more or less entitled to use "we" than someone who grew up in the geographic area of a pro team.