News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2nd Amendment: the poll!

Started by Kleves, December 26, 2012, 10:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution be repealed?

Yes, and I'm an American - We need to ensure that guns only end up where they belong: in the hands of the police, the military, and the most dangerous of criminals
11 (22.4%)
No, and I'm an American - guns have made America so dangerous that gun-ownership is the only way to make America safe
14 (28.6%)
Yes, and I'm not an American - Taking away America's guns will make invasion via the UN much easier #blackhelicopters
14 (28.6%)
No, and I'm not an American - I support the 2nd Amendment; it's the easiest way to kill tons of Americans each year
3 (6.1%)
Your question confuses and angers me, but I like voting in polls!
7 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Tonitrus

If the term "the people" (as used in the Bill of Rights) does not confer individual rights, does mean that there are also no individual rights to peaceably assemble, petition for a redress of grievances, and to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects? :hmm:

grumbler

The Constitution does not confer rights.  Rights existed before the Constitution.  Individual rights that existed before the Constitution continued to exist after it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Neil on December 26, 2012, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 26, 2012, 07:58:10 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2012, 07:49:13 PM
And I'm going out on a limb now, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Constitution fairly explicit in all other cases where the right it is guaranteeing confer upon states and not individuals?
I think any constitution that's 4000 or so words long is hardly likely to be terribly explicit about anything. That's probably why it's so durable.
Do you feel that the reason that the EU failed was that it was overly precise and legalistic?

The EU constitution failed because there was a fundamental scepticism and distrust towards the EU. This is IMHO because the EU has been getting the blame for all the medicine european politicians have forced upon their own people arguing that the evil EU is forcing us to do this rather than arguing that it may hurt a bit but it is good for us all.

It didn't help that it was incomprehensible to the people and full of crap that should be done in laws, regulations or administration.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive