Main Menu

Merry Christmas 2012 !

Started by mongers, December 24, 2012, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count

I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on December 25, 2012, 11:37:48 AM
I'm glad kindle changed my post to Felix.

Apparently, Kindle knows Latin.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Merry Christmas everyone. :cool:

I got a bunch of different crap, but aside from the usual ammo and beer, my favorite present (from Princesca):

genuine Resistol Briscoe, folks :alberta:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and happy free-day-off-work for those who don't! :hug:

I received a cast-iron teapot, something I'd mentioned to my daughter in an off-hand way that I'd really, really like when we had a little bit more money that then, somehow, ended up a gift under the tree for me. :wub:

Kids got stuff. Mostly clothes, which is what they'd asked for. Riley got make-up (oy!) and a Bob Marley t-shirt. Plus, her bff gave her a Bob Marley lava lamp. Max got 12 pairs of new socks, something he asks for every year. He will one day be Woody Harrelson, I'm sure of it.

Today will be calm, quiet, and incredibly peaceful. I'm already so relaxed that I feel like I'm melting in my chair.

May you all have exactly the kind of day you want. :wub: Love you all. :wub:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

The twins got thier my little pony crap, which they immediately turned their Canterlot play sets against each other in a pony civil war. They both attempted to get Michael and his toy tanks on thier side. Eventually, Katerina bought his mercenary services and crushed Cassandra's Pony forces in a blitzkrieg of epic proportions.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

I ended up going with candy for my mom.  Not the greatest gift, but as I said, she's one person I don't want to just give a gift card to, and there was nothing else she wanted.

Caliga

*shrug* If that's what she wanted, then it sounds like a great gift to me. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Drama Queens. After making a big to do about how they couldn't possibly show up for Christmas this year - my maternal uncle's family made a surprise appearance. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

I forgot it was Christmas and that at Christmas restaurants are closed - I am not amused. <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 25, 2012, 06:01:29 PM
The twins got thier my little pony crap, which they immediately turned their Canterlot play sets against each other in a pony civil war. They both attempted to get Michael and his toy tanks on thier side. Eventually, Katerina bought his mercenary services and crushed Cassandra's Pony forces in a blitzkrieg of epic proportions.

Looks like you are raising good kids. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

So I got a plush My Little Pony for Lola and she literally picked it up & threw it across the room.  Gave her her first Barbie and a similar-looking Snow White doll and she went nuts with them.  She also got her first real baby doll and a stroller. 

I ordered Tommy a mini RC Tiger tank from China and they sent me a T.34.  I've spent more time with it than he has.  He's only played his 3DS XL a little (I suppose I should've gotten him some games).  Aside from his very loud Boba Fett gun, his favorite present so far has been Lego Lord of the Rings for Xbox.

I got an HDHomeRun Prime cable card box which should theoretically allow me to ditch my TiVos but I think I'll just use it as a backup and to tinker around with for now.  Also got blindsided by the parents getting me a Raspberry Pi.  Not because of the expense (they're cheap) but because of the thoughtfulness.  My brother must have told them I'd like one.  I had kind of forgotten about them but yeah, I'll have plenty of fun playing with it.

Got a bunch of beer glasses & mugs from my brother-- running out of cabinet space for them.  And got way more blu-rays than I wanted-- exception being The Pacific series.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on December 25, 2012, 09:07:12 PM
So I got a plush My Little Pony for Lola and she literally picked it up & threw it across the room.  Gave her her first Barbie and a similar-looking Snow White doll and she went nuts with them.  She also got her first real baby doll and a stroller. 

I ordered Tommy a mini RC Tiger tank from China and they sent me a T.34.  I've spent more time with it than he has.  He's only played his 3DS XL a little (I suppose I should've gotten him some games).  Aside from his very loud Boba Fett gun, his favorite present so far has been Lego Lord of the Rings for Xbox.

I got an HDHomeRun Prime cable card box which should theoretically allow me to ditch my TiVos but I think I'll just use it as a backup and to tinker around with for now.  Also got blindsided by the parents getting me a Raspberry Pi.  Not because of the expense (they're cheap) but because of the thoughtfulness.  My brother must have told them I'd like one.  I had kind of forgotten about them but yeah, I'll have plenty of fun playing with it.

Got a bunch of beer glasses & mugs from my brother-- running out of cabinet space for them.  And got way more blu-rays than I wanted-- exception being The Pacific series.

Yeah, that was very thoughtful of them, especially as it's a bit hit and miss if you can get one within a sensible delivery time.

Now that you've mentioned it, I'll have to get one, iirc there's also now a useful release of RISC OS for it.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 25, 2012, 06:01:29 PM

Those girls are definitely taking after you! :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Capping off this Christmas watching 30 for 30s of 'The U' and 'Pony Express' on ESPN U. Good Christmas.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

The youngest 1st grader niece got the only thing she begged, pleaded, told her friends and teachers and anyone who would listen, wrote to Santa multiple times, and held the Elf on the Shelf hostage in a 4 hour standoff with Mommy last week for:  a drum set. 
A real one, too.  Kettle, bass, snare, two tom-toms, a high hat and cymbal.

She and her older 3rd grade sister, the guitarist, were already working on White Stripes tunes by the afternoon.