News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who is the toughest person to get gifts for?

Started by Martinus, December 22, 2012, 04:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok so another Christmas thread - who in your closest family is the hardest for you to think of a good gift for?

For me it's my dad.

My mom is easy (perfume, jewelry). My boyfriend is easy (perfume, jewelry, clothes). :P But my dad is an enigma.

Phillip V

Get him something in bulk or in specialty that he consumes regularly, such as beer or coffee.

Martinus

Due to heart and neurological issues he cant drink coffee and alcohol. :(

Per my mom's suggestion got him a bulk christmas edition of some geriatric heart supplement he consumes. :mellow:

And his only son is gay. Sucks to be my dad. :P

dps

I've pretty much given up on getting anything except gift cards for any adults but my wife and mom.  My mom is awful to buy for, because she doesn't really need or want anything, but I don't feel right just giving her a gift card.

Of course, the niece and nephews get toys, but that's easy.  Just need to check with the parents so that there's no duplication.

Josquius

Mam is hardest. Getting her something good really matters and its hard to find something she likes. My sister too is hard since "The thought that counts" doesnt work with her.
My dad is easy. He doesnt care and if you just get him chocolate hes happy.

██████
██████
██████

sbr

My kids, now that they are 17 and 18.  When they were little it was easy and fun to Xmas shop for them.  I'm taking the easy way out this year and handing out cash.

My parents are easy because they send me a Christmas List shortly after Thanksgiving.  My brother gets Xbox games.  His wife is al;so tough because I don't know her well enough to wing it and he won't help.  I might have to get the kids to find her something.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2012, 06:34:28 AM

And his only son is gay. Sucks to be my dad. :P

Wait, you never told us you have a half brother.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Carter and Max.

The rest of the family are relatively easy - I hear all year what they want. :glare: But Max never gives a hint, and Carter always says, "I just want money." I really hate giving money, so that kind of leaves me hanging.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Apparently I am hard to buy for because people never get me anything.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Darth Wagtaros

I've nevr been sure what I'd get for Tamas if it came to it.
PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2012, 04:41:22 AM
Ok so another Christmas thread - who in your closest family is the hardest for you to think of a good gift for?

For me it's my dad.

My mom is easy (perfume, jewelry). My boyfriend is easy (perfume, jewelry, clothes). :P But my dad is an enigma.

Then have you considered getting him an enigma machine, they can be bought for somewhere just south of 200,00 euros.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on December 22, 2012, 12:37:34 PM
Carter and Max.

The rest of the family are relatively easy - I hear all year what they want. :glare: But Max never gives a hint, and Carter always says, "I just want money." I really hate giving money, so that kind of leaves me hanging.

I love giving money. Makes my life easier. Toss my nephews a C note and I'm done.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

My wife.  She doesn't want any gifts ever.  From anybody.  And she doesn't have the fucking good grace to thank anyone.

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

My mother in law.  I eventually wimp out and just ask my wife eventually I never have a clue...which is weird because I see this woman all the time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."