News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fogh for NATO?

Started by bogh, March 10, 2009, 04:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

To make matters worse, or more fun. Troels Lund's advisor is married to Ulla Østergaard who is now a political editor on Denmark's only 24 hour news network, and she has been asked not to work on this story. Again, 3rd time she has had to do that because of her affiliation with the former government (being a former advisor for Løkke).

Our otherwise very docile corps of journalists has smelled blood. They're still incompetent though. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valdemar

I'm just curious why no one caught on to the real story in Helle's tax evasion case.

No matter whether Tax in the end found anything illegal in her husbands set up, she gave wrongful information about his and her whereabouts to the "Indenrigsministerium" 4 times. Giving false information in a possible criminal case is a criminal case in itself, but that drowned in the discussions of tax evasion.

V

Viking

Quote from: Liep on December 05, 2011, 08:15:48 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2011, 08:10:48 AM
Guys, if you don't give some kind of background nobody is going to understand anything at all about this troelsgate thingie.

Troels Lund (minister of taxation before the election) had his special adviser leek tax information about the opposition leader to a newspaper a few days before the election. Very illegal, and now the leader of his party, Løkke(fadbamsen), is sweating in front of the cameras trying to not answer any questions that could incriminate him and saying that if you break the law it's illegal. All very fun and very sad for our democracy.

In soviet Norway the government leaks everybody's tax information to the public as well as occupation and address, just in case the burglars didn't know. In soviet Norway rich people live in London or Cyprus or Monaco.

So, is Gucci Helen fully lucred up in some way? What was supposed to be predjudicial in her tax info?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

Quote from: Valdemar on December 06, 2011, 04:12:31 AM
I'm just curious why no one caught on to the real story in Helle's tax evasion case.

No matter whether Tax in the end found anything illegal in her husbands set up, she gave wrongful information about his and her whereabouts to the "Indenrigsministerium" 4 times. Giving false information in a possible criminal case is a criminal case in itself, but that drowned in the discussions of tax evasion.

V

She had that down as a mistake I think? Not satisfied with that? :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Viking on December 06, 2011, 04:21:08 AM

So, is Gucci Helen fully lucred up in some way? What was supposed to be predjudicial in her tax info?

Apparently not, she was cleared from having done anything wrong by the tax agency. Another part of the story is that Venstre supposedly wrote their own conclusion to the case (in which she was found guilty) and gave it to the chairman of the agency for him to put in her file.

Jacob

Yeah, from what little I've read the bad part is that the tax minister tried to instruct the tax agency to find their opponent (the current prime minister) guilty in a tax-case when the conclusion was to clear her of any wrong doing.

Valdemar

Quote from: Liep on December 06, 2011, 06:32:44 AM
Quote from: Valdemar on December 06, 2011, 04:12:31 AM

V

She had that down as a mistake I think? Not satisfied with that? :P

4 different mistakes you mean? :D

Giving wrongful information to a public authority, in this case the state is a criminla offence, where as her tax evasion is likely only to result in fines.

V

Valdemar

The conlusion isn't that she didn't do anything wrong, but more that Tax didn't think they could prosecute it/minor infringement.

Hence my comment that I was curious why no one pursued the actual wrong she did, namely giving false statements on her and her husbands whereabouts and actual living adress. Giving 4 different statements to the authorities in this case not the tax authorities, but the Home Office regarding her and her husbands adress/working status with regard to her position as member of parliament is far more damning IMHO.

V

Liep

Since when have Danish journalists ever cared about facts? Whatever they think the bigger story is what they will write about. We're talking about the same people who spent 6 months writing about a unattended meeting (that still had ample representation) and an even more useless vacation to Mallorca.

Liep

Ah, another scandal re-emerges. An advisor to the former minister of defence leaked military secrets to a journalists to make his minister look better. I cannot fathom how Søren Gade remains popular with this and the Arabic translation scandal.. "the buck stops here", yeah right.

Liep

Ah, I forgot that Gitte Lillelund Bech accused the then-opposition of the leak. Every day without Venstre in government is making me a little happier.

Valdemar

Quote from: Liep on December 13, 2011, 08:16:15 AM
Ah, I forgot that Gitte Lillelund Bech accused the then-opposition of the leak. Every day without Venstre in government is making me a little happier.

But also poorer :(

How can non entities like the current government even pass their university degrees. they are completely lacking any idea of how things work :D

V

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Valdemar on December 14, 2011, 05:53:32 AM

How can non entities like the current government even pass their university degrees. they are completely lacking any idea of how things work :D

V

That may be the problem, they only have their university degrees. Few of them have ever held a real job or been out in the real world...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Valdemar

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on December 14, 2011, 06:18:12 AM
Quote from: Valdemar on December 14, 2011, 05:53:32 AM

V

That may be the problem, they only have their university degrees. Few of them have ever held a real job or been out in the real world...

That is indeed the problem, along with the fact that half of them has no real parliamental exp. and most of htem never had a responsibility...

2 out of 24 have held a cabinet post, a few have held municipial posts, but most have not had to answer to anyone at all.

V

Liep

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on December 14, 2011, 06:18:12 AM

2 years as head of the youth party, then maybe some work for a municipal post wait for a local nomination, and then get lucky and be in a flavour of the month party come election time. Or just be blond and a member of DF.