Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2013, 10:29:31 AM
If gun buybacks don't do the trick, maybe video game buybacks will!

http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/01/11/state-melrose-mayor-target-violent-video-games/rJDPeKQTBfKYIt92Gic24L/story.html

Well that should make the NRA happy, they clearly do not give two shits about the First Amendment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 11:25:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2013, 10:30:07 PM
From what I gleaned, he and his mother seemed fairly typical of NRA type gun owners.  Owned several semi-automatic rifles, stockpiled ammunition and went to the range to shoot often, and were vaguely paranoid.

:lol:  Where did you get this typical NRA member profile from Raz?

The stuff they put out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

It's not paranoia when you really are out to take their guns away. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 13, 2013, 12:30:24 AM
It's not paranoia when you really are out to take their guns away. :contract:
Indeed.  What it is is malice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2013, 11:38:25 PM
I don't get you paranoid guntypes.  Even though even the Dems wildest crazy scheme, which will be watered down if it passes anyway, does not include serious gun control.  Yet the insane fury at nothing continues, Supreme Court decision or no.  This is why I think you people are mentally ill.

Wow.  Mentally ill?  Really?  Do you apply that label to those who passionately defend other freedoms?

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that many Dems would very much like to outlaw all firearms.  No, they're not likely to get their way at the moment, but the possibility of any anti-gun legislation taking place is legitimate reason for gun rights advocates to be concerned.

Classic liberal :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 13, 2013, 02:28:34 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2013, 11:38:25 PM
I don't get you paranoid guntypes.  Even though even the Dems wildest crazy scheme, which will be watered down if it passes anyway, does not include serious gun control.  Yet the insane fury at nothing continues, Supreme Court decision or no.  This is why I think you people are mentally ill.

Wow.  Mentally ill?  Really?  Do you apply that label to those who passionately defend other freedoms?

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that many Dems would very much like to outlaw all firearms.  No, they're not likely to get their way at the moment, but the possibility of any anti-gun legislation taking place is legitimate reason for gun rights advocates to be concerned.

Classic liberal :rolleyes:

:lmfao:

Neil

It's not that the NRA doesn't care at all about the First Amendment.  It's just that their overriding concern is the Second, and they would sacrifice anything to preserve their interpretation of it.  Unfortunately, they're entirely wrong in this because the Second Amendment is backwards paleo-law, but it's still their job to advocate, even if that advocation would destroy the world entire.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

I don't think conservatives are mentally ill.  They are, however, highly fearful of many things, and that drives many of their positions.  Maybe it's good to have some fearful people around in society, to avoid becoming complacent, but currently they're definitely a drag on the advancement of American society.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2013, 04:32:40 PM
I don't think conservatives are mentally ill.  They are, however, highly fearful of many things, and that drives many of their positions.  Maybe it's good to have some fearful people around in society, to avoid becoming complacent, but currently they're definitely a drag on the advancement of American society.

That is a mental illness.  It's called litigious paranoia.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on January 13, 2013, 04:38:03 PM

I think diagnosing half of US population as mentally ill isn't going to be helpful.  It's just a personal preference that varies by individual, much like risk aversion.  You need some people at every reasonable point of the scale, but the key is moderation and lock of lopsidedness.

Neil

Yeah.  If enough people have it, it's not mental illness anymore.  Look at faggotry, for example.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2013, 05:11:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 13, 2013, 04:38:03 PM

I think diagnosing half of US population as mentally ill isn't going to be helpful.  It's just a personal preference that varies by individual, much like risk aversion.  You need some people at every reasonable point of the scale, but the key is moderation and lock of lopsidedness.

It's not half the population.  There's like 4 million NRA members.  More people take Prozac then that.  If you are thinking of the GOP, they aren't half the population, Like maybe a third.  And I remind you about 48% of them believe that last election was stolen by a defunct organization that helped people find low cost housing.  That's pretty delusional.  Shit, the WHO estimated that 500 million people in the world suffer from some sort of mental illness.

derspiess

Oh, Raz and his selective reading of isolated polls. Don't ever change :hug: