Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on January 12, 2013, 09:27:27 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 09:17:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 09:10:51 PM
I don't really see it as big problem except for the bit that the article cites as ERs as the main medical providers for plenty of people. Of course, the article also mentions that he's hardly adopting a new stance - as it has been pushed elsewhere.

Glad you feel Dr. Bloomberg is on your side. Perhaps you are on his baby formula crusade too.
Wow, that was a rather blatant shift of the goal posts!  :lol:

Why don't you stay focused on the hospital drugs issue, since it was your poster-child for the kind of government you don't want?

I think his strategy is to switch from topic to topic in an attempt to daze and confused. Somehow talk about the NRA and gun control has led to breastfeeding.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 08:57:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2013, 04:19:34 PM
Unacceptable. Bloomberg must be arrested immediately.

Bloomberg is the poster boy for left wing nut jobs. IMO he is the very picture of the govmint I dont want.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/nyregion/new-york-city-to-restrict-powerful-prescription-drugs-in-public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?_r=0
What's nutty about that? We live in a nation where Vicodin is the most widely prescribed drug.  At the urging of the DEA, the FDA is up to consider again whether or not to put more constraints on prescribing it.

Nutter supporter
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 09:45:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 08:57:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2013, 04:19:34 PM
Unacceptable. Bloomberg must be arrested immediately.

Bloomberg is the poster boy for left wing nut jobs. IMO he is the very picture of the govmint I dont want.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/nyregion/new-york-city-to-restrict-powerful-prescription-drugs-in-public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?_r=0
What's nutty about that? We live in a nation where Vicodin is the most widely prescribed drug.  At the urging of the DEA, the FDA is up to consider again whether or not to put more constraints on prescribing it.

Nutter supporter

Oh is there some amendment that grants us the right to endless amount of painkillers that I'm forgetting?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Christ, I didn't think gun owners could look any worse, then I read the last few pages of this grease fire. :lol:

11B4V

Quote from: sbr on January 12, 2013, 09:58:14 PM
Christ, I didn't think gun owners could look any worse, then I read the last few pages of this grease fire. :lol:

Great isnt it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2013, 10:00:31 PM
Give me Vicodin or give me death.

"I" would not deprive you of that. Garbon on the otherhand........

Ed Anger

My chocolate princess would never deny his boo a painkiller.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 08:58:25 PM

Exactly...dishonest. Thanks for proving my point.

Not really.  I don't know, but the cartoonist may.  I didn't create it.  Is membership rolls open to the public?  I thought it was silly, but saw something equally silly.  So I responded in Kind.  From what I gleaned, he and his mother seemed fairly typical of NRA type gun owners.  Owned several semi-automatic rifles, stockpiled ammunition and went to the range to shoot often, and were vaguely paranoid.  If three days before the shooting some guys tried to rob the place, and Mr. Lanza shot them in self-defense he would be held up as example of why people need guns to protect their homes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 09:57:44 PM
Oh is there some amendment that grants us the right to endless amount of painkillers that I'm forgetting?
Isn't the pursuit of happiness an inalienable right?  Certainly that must include the right to get totally fucking high.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2013, 10:30:07 PM
From what I gleaned, he and his mother seemed fairly typical of NRA type gun owners.  Owned several semi-automatic rifles, stockpiled ammunition and went to the range to shoot often, and were vaguely paranoid.

:lol:  Where did you get this typical NRA member profile from Raz?

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 11:25:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2013, 10:30:07 PM
From what I gleaned, he and his mother seemed fairly typical of NRA type gun owners.  Owned several semi-automatic rifles, stockpiled ammunition and went to the range to shoot often, and were vaguely paranoid.

:lol:  Where did you get this typical NRA member profile from Raz?

With Raz...who knows.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Neil on January 12, 2013, 10:34:06 PM
Isn't the pursuit of happiness an inalienable right?  Certainly that must include the right to get totally fucking high.

You bring up a very good point.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

If 11Bravo wasn't so paranoid, he wouldn't own so many guns.  See?  Easy!

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on January 12, 2013, 12:43:38 AM

I don't get you paranoid guntypes.  Even though even the Dems wildest crazy scheme, which will be watered down if it passes anyway, does not include serious gun control.  Yet the insane fury at nothing continues, Supreme Court decision or no.  This is why I think you people are mentally ill.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."