Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 08:52:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 07:51:16 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2013, 04:19:41 PM
The current spate of talk about the NRA reminds me more than a little about the old Occupy Wall Street and Obama talk about the rich.  In both cases it seems to me that people have lost sight of the ultimate objective, i.e. legislation.  Discrediting and vilifying the NRA and rich people should be a means to an end, but people are treating it as a end in and of itself.

What do you think is easier to accomplish?

That said - pretty silly here as NRA does enough on its own to discredit and paint itself as a villain.

and not enough people are paying attention. I hope Obama expends political capital on the gun fight.

I've no idea what you mean by the first part.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 08:56:00 PM
The current spate of talk about the NRA reminds me more than a little about the old Occupy Wall Street and Obama talk about the rich.  In both cases it seems to me that people have lost sight of the ultimate objective, i.e. legislation.  Discrediting and vilifying the NRA and rich people should be a means to an end, but people are treating it as a end in and of itself.

That said - pretty silly here as NRA does enough on its own to discredit and paint itself as a villain.

and not enough people are paying attention. I hope Obama expends political capital on the gun fight.

American public, as a whole, has a seriuos case of ADHD.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2013, 04:19:34 PM
Unacceptable. Bloomberg must be arrested immediately.

Bloomberg is the poster boy for left wing nut jobs. IMO he is the very picture of the govmint I dont want.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/nyregion/new-york-city-to-restrict-powerful-prescription-drugs-in-public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?_r=0
What's nutty about that? We live in a nation where Vicodin is the most widely prescribed drug.  At the urging of the DEA, the FDA is up to consider again whether or not to put more constraints on prescribing it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 08:57:46 PM

With regards to the NRA?

11B4V

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 08:57:49 PM

Bloomberg is the poster boy for left wing nut jobs. IMO he is the very picture of the govmint I dont want.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/nyregion/new-york-city-to-restrict-powerful-prescription-drugs-in-public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?_r=0
What's nutty about that? We live in a nation where Vicodin is the most widely prescribed drug.  At the urging of the DEA, the FDA is up to consider again whether or not to put more constraints on prescribing it.

So public hospitals are ok?

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 08:58:09 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 08:57:46 PM

With regards to the NRA?

With regard to anything.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 09:00:01 PM

Are you drunk? :unsure:

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 09:00:47 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 09:00:01 PM

Are you drunk? :unsure:

So it's OK that only public hospitals are being targeted by bloomberg?

and no to your question.

garbon

I don't really see it as big problem except for the bit that the article cites as ERs as the main medical providers for plenty of people. Of course, the article also mentions that he's hardly adopting a new stance - as it has been pushed elsewhere.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 09:10:51 PM
I don't really see it as big problem except for the bit that the article cites as ERs as the main medical providers for plenty of people. Of course, the article also mentions that he's hardly adopting a new stance - as it has been pushed elsewhere.

Glad you feel Dr. Bloomberg is on your side. Perhaps you are on his baby formula crusade too.

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 09:17:28 PM

Glad you feel Dr. Bloomberg is on your side. Perhaps you are on his baby formula crusade too.
Wow, that was a rather blatant shift of the goal posts!  :lol:

Why don't you stay focused on the hospital drugs issue, since it was your poster-child for the kind of government you don't want?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on January 12, 2013, 09:27:27 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 12, 2013, 09:17:28 PM

Wow, that was a rather blatant shift of the goal posts!  :lol:

Why don't you stay focused on the hospital drugs issue, since it was your poster-child for the kind of government you don't want?

You tell a new post pardum crazed mother to breast feed when she wants to use formula. I think CdM would give you a good eulogy.