Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on December 27, 2012, 04:16:26 PM
A word to the wise, USAians - gun registries are not effective.
We want to do stuff because LOL WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!!1111, and not necessarily stuff that will be at all effective or make any sense either. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

I thought Canada was the northern paradise of gun registration and peaceful smugness.  :(

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2012, 04:15:41 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 27, 2012, 04:12:17 PM
I could see something passing, just not the bill as Feinstein wrote it.

Obviously.  I foresee something like that Mickey Mouse bill that Clinton signed, the one that banned foreign made AK clones only.

and it relly didnt do that.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

How else do you stop a tyrannical government that attacks you with tanks?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2012, 02:06:41 AM
LA Gun Buyback Yields ... Rocket Launchers?!  :lmfao:

http://www.newser.com/story/160013/la-gun-buyback-yields-rocket-launchers.html

I read they were giving up to $200 for assault rifles.  I'd figure with their sale value, they'd either had to be in crap shape, or the sellers desperate.

On one site, commenters are saying that one of the "rocket launchers"....

...is trainer that shoots 9mm rounds.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2012, 02:06:41 AM
LA Gun Buyback Yields ... Rocket Launchers?!  :lmfao:

http://www.newser.com/story/160013/la-gun-buyback-yields-rocket-launchers.html

Yeah I saw that.  Thing is, I don't think either of those are illegal.  They are essentially spent casings.  One was a M72 and other was an AT4 both of which are one shot weapons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on December 30, 2012, 02:10:57 AM
How else do you stop a tyrannical government that attacks you with tanks?
I liked one of the replies in the comment section:
QuoteHey genius; who you gonna kill when the bank takes your house? If your gov't wants to get rid of you all they have to do is delete your social security number.   Time to see the world through the eyes of an adult, partner.

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2012, 10:20:55 PM
Surely the Second Amendment protects your right to not use triggerlocks?

Maybe next the NRA can get using dum-dum rounds bullet on preschoolers ruled as protected speech.

I dont think you know what a dum-dum bullet is. I probably have several thousand down stairs in my reloading room. They are quite legal. But not legal so to speak for the military to use.

Dum-dum bullets also known as hollow point or soft point bullets.

Orignal british .303 Dum dum bullet

The Brain

I like how 11B is fine with using dum-dum bullets on preschoolers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

citizen k

Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2013, 03:34:29 AM
I like how 11B is fine with using dum-dum bullets on preschoolers.

Naptime means naptime.   :contract: