News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UK Census

Started by Sheilbh, December 11, 2012, 01:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on December 11, 2012, 07:54:01 PM
QuoteMore people now rent privately than rent from the council (down from 13% to 9%).
Yeah, cheers for the housing shortage Maggie.
The figures are distorted by private landlords renting to the council which is the case in at least two flats in my block. Same problem, but even more expensive for the council tax payer.

Richard Hakluyt

We've had 22 years since she was thrown out and the housing shortage has been evident since the war years and even before. She must truly be the Antichrist to have caused a 70-year long housing shortage  :pope:

HVC

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 12, 2012, 06:33:54 AM
We've had 22 years since she was thrown out and the housing shortage has been evident since the war years and even before. She must truly be the Antichrist to have caused a 70-year long housing shortage  :pope:

she's just that good at being bad :contract: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

The important thing here is without her Britains would still be toiling away in coal mines.  WHAT A MONSTER!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2012, 09:15:15 AM
The important thing here is without her Britains would still be toiling away in coal mines.  WHAT A MONSTER!
If the mines were still open we'd have found a way to pay Eastern Europeans to do it and complain about them stealing our jobs and our right to emphysema.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2012, 09:15:15 AM

The curious thing is that during Harold Wilson's tenure as PM over 300 pits were closed, I believe Maggie only managed about 60 or so. Having said that the best mines were closed last, so there was some hope c.1980 that the industry would cease shrinking.

Neil

Closing the coal mines was good for the environment.  Thatcher is a hero, Jos is an enviro-monster.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

The right to buy and halt on building any more council houses really exasperated it a lot.

QuoteThe important thing here is without her Britains would still be toiling away in coal mines.  WHAT A MONSTER!
....eh?
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on December 11, 2012, 02:17:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2012, 01:46:25 PM
Yeah, enjoy your cultural suicide.

When was the American cultural suicide?

Civil Rights.  It's nice to see Derspeiss isn't disappointing in this thread.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

When they give the women the vote
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

I don't think cultural suicide is likely. It is a culture that was confined to 3m people on part of a small island 500 years ago. Now it is the dominant culture in North America and Australasia as well as virtually all the places in our archipelago. It has done that by constantly mutating whilst maintaining that tradition is always honoured and nothing ever changes..........quite a trick if you can pull it off.

What does concern me is integration and the potential formation of ghettoised groups. The black population, from Africa and the Caribbean, intermarries with the main population to an amazing extent ......to such an extent that they will not survive as a distinct group in the long run. The Irish are family, ok, it may be an abusive family especially in the past, but they are not "foreign". Poles and other Eastern European types; WW2 left about 300k Poles in Britain, by 2000 all that was left was a few ancients and British people with a strange name and a family history to tell. I think this will be repeated with the current crop, in any event the main difference is their language, the culture of our Polish immigrants is a good fit with lower-class British culture.

I do worry about the muslims. Many of our muslims come from crappy parts of Pakistan and Bangladesh.....which are hardly beacons of culture to start with. The intermarriage rate is also very low (it has crept up to 7% IIRC) and many cultural practices are not very compatible with British ways. We need to make education a priority for these people, otherwise their shitty position in British society could become a fixture.