News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paris 1914 Colour Photos

Started by Jacob, December 07, 2012, 04:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Those are really cool. The first few look almost like a Hollywood street scene.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

What is up with the random photo of people dressed like Gauls?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2012, 04:52:16 PM
Wow, they look very realistic.

:glare:

I said that because I thought it was so strange that there were so few people. The impression was one of not a real street, at all, but rather an old Hollywood lot.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Man, you can practically smell them!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Ed Anger

I think I molested those mannequins.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Oexmelin

First picture, today: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=passage+du+caire+paris&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=48.868248,2.350187&spn=0.000232,0.000603&client=firefox-a&hnear=Passage+du+Caire,+75002+Paris,+%C3%8Ele-de-France,+France&t=h&layer=c&cbll=48.868247,2.350187&panoid=gKlNDIH55M52r5I57O_7AA&cbp=12,24.89,,0,0&z=21

It is actually right next to the second picture. The house has obviously been demolished, but you can make out the apparent stones and brown brick of the side of the building located on the left hand side of the picture.

Que le grand cric me croque !

Jacob

EDIT: Ooops... wrong link. Here's the real one: http://www.paris1914.com/

11B4V

The one on the left is doable if of age.  :perv:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on December 07, 2012, 05:52:29 PM
I'm sure she's of age now.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Quote from: 11B4V on December 07, 2012, 05:52:29 PM

Im guessing the baby is hers? Also: Awesome 'stache on the dude.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.